Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

with all the joba..lincecum threads...no verlander love?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I was about to post about it.

I was looking at some stats today and Greinke is still the easy Cy Young choice right now, but I feel that Verlander has moved into second place and I honestly think he will overtake Greinke down the stretch. Verlander has more strikeouts and wins, but Greinke's ERA is a full run lower than Verlander's.

Halladay is in the picture of course and has a pretty impressive resume, and Buerhle has kind of joined the picture recently, but I think in the end, it will be Greinke or Verlander.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Verlander is definitely having the best season of his career, and if you eliminate the first month, the numbers become even more impressive.

His ERA's by month:
April-6.75
May-1.52
June-2.91
July-2.31 (does not count tonight's game)

He's striking out way more than a guy per inning and has been filthy!!

DetroitTigers

Aug 19, 2008
Canada
Verlander!!!!!

Yeah if you don't count that first game against Toronto and his first couple of starts his numbers would be even better.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
jbone17 said:
Joba= NY Market

Lincy= SF Market

Verlander= DT Market

NY, and CA are the media capitols of the U.S. lol.

SF is the 6th or 7th media market. Verlander is having a great year. I don't see Grienke keeping this up all year and if Halladay is traded to the NL then I think Verlander has a great shot at the Cy Young.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
jbone17 said:
Joba= NY Market

Lincy= SF Market

Verlander= DT Market

NY, and CA are the media capitols of the U.S. lol.

SF is the 6th or 7th media market. Verlander is having a great year. I don't see Grienke keeping this up all year and if Halladay is traded to the NL then I think Verlander has a great shot at the Cy Young.
Halladay won't be traded.

It will be a toss up between Verlander/Halladay/Beckett

Members online

Latest posts