Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ROUND TWO, Player Collector Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Results:

Junior:
Boxbreaker44 9 chippernate 13
Skorris CCBC 3 thenumberonemetfan 21
stlalways94 10 blitzerlover 13

Senior:
Jeff D 7 OhioBobcat3 15
gracecollector 20 Zan 2
LWMM 13 Bouwob 10
MOFNY 19 nevermore 5
pghbuccos 14 Philip J. Fry 10
nkdbacks 15 Reds in 2009 8
Thumpersports 13 tomlinson21rb 8
EricChavezCollector3 15 Zambrano38 7
yakacack 14 jet0002 8
carlitosan 3 TNP777 19

Round three starts in just under 24 hours.

Updated brackets:
Junior
Senior

First, thank you to everyone who voted in the first round, and otherwise participated (bumping the thread, responding to people, etc.) That last part, in particular, really helped move things along and I appreciate it.

13 matchups this time, and, again, please vote in all. It also really helps me while counting if you put your vote in bold or if you just do a list. Voting ends in 48 hours.

Last, let's not vote on our own matchup this round. Honestly, it was a dumb idea by me. I thought that it would be a small bonus for making sure to vote, and that it would cancel out by everyone voting on their own collection. In practice, some did that, while others felt that they should vote on the other's (both choices being fully understandable). With this ambiguity and the fact that some of the rounds were exceptionally close, I don't think that it is fair to vote on our own.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
LWMM said:
First, thank you to everyone who voted in the first round, and otherwise participated (bumping the thread, responding to people, etc.) That last part, in particular, really helped move things along and I appreciate it.

13 matchups this time, and, again, please vote in all. It also really helps me while counting if you put your vote in bold or if you just do a list. Voting ends in 48 hours.

Last, let's not vote on our own matchup this round. Honestly, it was a dumb idea by me. I thought that it would be a small bonus for making sure to vote, and that it would cancel out by everyone voting on their own collection. In practice, some did that, while others felt that they should vote on the other's (both choices being fully understandable). With this ambiguity and the fact that some of the rounds were exceptionally close, I don't think that it is fair to vote on our own.

Junior:

Boxbreaker44: Travis Denker
vs.
chippernate: Chipper Jones

chippernate

Skorris CCBC: Adam Wainwright
vs.
thenumberonemetfan: Carlos Beltran

metfan
stlalways94: Miguel Cabrera
vs.
blitzerlover: John Smoltz

blitzer
darocker80 gets a bye (last bye of the junior bracket)

Senior:

Jeff D: Prince Fielder
vs.
OhioBobcat3: Travis Hafner

bobcat

gracecollector: Mark Grace
vs.
Zan: Hank Greenberg

grace
LWMM: Jonny Gomes
vs.
Bouwob: Nolan Ryan

LWMM
MOFNY: Roy Oswalt
vs.
nevermore: Paul O'Neil
mofny

pghbuccos: Jason Bay
vs.
Philip J. Fry: Tony Clark

pghbuccos
nkdbacks: Dan Haren
vs.
Reds in 2009: Brandon Webb

nkdbacks
Thumpersports: Troy Glaus
vs.
tomlinson21rb: Hanley Ramirez

tomlinson21rb

EricChavezCollector3: Eric Chavez
vs.
Zambrano38: Carlos Zambrano

zambrano38
yackacack: Eric Young
vs.
jet0002: Jeremy Hermida
jet002

carlitosan: Yulieski Gourriel
vs.
TNP777: Brett Butler

carliton
ajw, tyweb1, Frow, MainMule and pujolsthomefan33 receive byes. One bye left.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Junior:

Boxbreaker44:

Skorris CCBC:

nkdbacks

blitzerlover:

Jeff D

gracecollector:

Bouwob:

nevermore:

Philip J. Fry:

tomlinson21rb:

EricChavezCollector3

yackacack:

carlitosan:

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
prozac4312 said:
Chavez vs Zambrano?

:eek:

That's just wrong this early.

Double elim, though, so whoever loses is still alive.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Junior:

Boxbreaker44:
vs.
chippernate:

Skorris CCBC:
vs.
thenumberonemetfan:

stlalways94:
vs.
blitzerlover:

darocker80 gets a bye (last bye of the junior bracket)

Senior:

Jeff D:
vs.
OhioBobcat3:

gracecollector:
vs.
Zan:

LWMM:
vs.
Bouwob:

MOFNY:
vs.
nevermore:

pghbuccos:
vs.
Philip J. Fry:

nkdbacks:
vs.
Reds in 2009:

Thumpersports:
vs.
tomlinson21rb:

EricChavezCollector3:
vs.
Zambrano38:

yackacack:
vs.
jet0002:

carlitosan:
vs.
TNP777:

ajw, tyweb1, Frow, MainMule and pujolsthomefan33 receive byes. One bye left.

clrunyo

Apr 27, 2009
Arlington Texas
Junior:

vs.

vs.

vs.

Senior:

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

nkdbacks: Dan Haren
vs.
Reds in 2009: Brandon Webb

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

Thanks
Chris

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
prozac4312 said:
You switched up the Haren/Webb pages...Haren belongs to Reds in 06 and Webb belongs to the other dude...

Geez, I'm off tonight. I even clicked through all the links to make sure they were working, but somehow missed the Zambrano error and this. More PMs forthcoming...

edit: And thanks for pointing it out!

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
KOBEARODLT said:
Junior:

Boxbreaker44:

Skorris CCBC:

blitzerlover:

Jeff D

gracecollector:

Bouwob:

nevermore:

Philip J. Fry:

tomlinson21rb:

EricChavezCollector3

yackacack:

carlitosan:

This is the exact reason why this is a dumb idea. Seriously no offense to carlitosan, but the link to your bucket shows 12 cards. According to your checklist, thats 12/13 of the possible cards availible but its also the biggest joke Ive even seen . TNP777, has a collection that isnt even in the same catagory as 12/13. I wasnt going to enter because I figured this crap would happen and I wasnt wrong.

Im out, add another bye. While your at it, add a vote for TNP777.

Have fun with your popularity contest. :?

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
vs.
BB44

vs.
CCBC

vs.
stalways94

Senior:

vs.
Jeff D

vs.
Gracecollector

vs.
LWMM

vs.
Mofny

vs.
Philip J. Fry

nkdbacks: Brandon Webb
vs.
Reds in 2009: Dan Haren
nkdbacks

vs.
tomlinson21rb

vs.
Zambrano38 (TOUGH one)

vs.
yackacack

vs.
TNP777

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Thumpersports said:
This is the exact reason why this is a dumb idea. Seriously no offense to carlitosan, but the link to your bucket shows 12 cards. According to your checklist, thats 12/13 of the possible cards availible but its also the biggest joke Ive even seen . TNP777, has a collection that isnt even in the same catagory as 12/13. I wasnt going to enter because I figured this crap would happen and I wasnt wrong.

Ya know, I'm not postive if that last piece was directed at me ("have fun with your"...), but it certainly feels that way and I'm not too happy about it. I'm not saying that all of the votes have been well thought out and rationalised---I've certainly been on the short end of the stick with some of them, just as I have when this was done the BMB. Indeed, we've both done these before, and we both knew when entering that inevitably part of this would be a popularity contest.

All the same, I've spent hours on this, and worked my butt off to try to make it all run smoothly. I'm not trying to make this into a popularity contest, as if I would win one; my hope was that everyone could view some nice collections and hopefully have a bit of fun.

Part of what you are saying is certainly true. However, I think you chose a very poor way of expressing it, and it feels like a personal attack on me.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Thumpersports said:

No need to be a tool about it. Why attack LWMM? He was very nice to put his time and effort into this. Also, I commend him for allowing said person to enter with 12 cards. He allowed ANYONE to enter. How would you feel if he shut you down and barred you from entering because you had too many cards?

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
LWMM said:
Thumpersports said:

Ya know, I'm not postive if that last piece was directed at me ("have fun with your"...), but it certainly feels that way and I'm not too happy about it. I'm not saying that all of the votes have been well thought out and rationalised---I've certainly been on the short end of the stick with some of them, just as I have when this was done the BMB. Indeed, we've both done these before, and we both knew when entering that inevitably part of this would be a popularity contest.

All the same, I've spent hours on this, and worked my butt off to try to make it all run smoothly. I'm not trying to make this into a popularity contest, as if I would win one; my hope was that everyone could view some nice collections and hopefully have a bit of fun.

Part of what you are saying is certainly true. However, I think you chose a very poor way of expressing it, and it feels like a personal attack on me.

I didnt attack you in anyway. You clearly have an opinion already formed about this and thats fine. Your effort is actually appreciated, your attitude is not. This had nothing to do with you, you decided to add that aspect. I was simply stating a point, that is a fact.

Further to that, I voted for your collection every chance I had.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
trademhigh said:
Thumpersports said:

No need to be a tool about it. Why attack LWMM? He was very nice to put his time and effort into this. Also, I commend him for allowing said person to enter with 12 cards. He allowed ANYONE to enter. How would you feel if he shut you down and barred you from entering because you had too many cards?

I never said anything negitive towards LWMM, in fact, Ive always made positive posts regarding his collection.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Thumpersports said:
I didnt attack you in anyway. You clearly have an opinion already formed about this and thats fine. Your effort is actually appreciated, your attitude is not. This had nothing to do with you, you decided to add that aspect. I was simply stating a point, that is a fact.

Further to that, I voted for your collection every chance I had.

I'm sending you a PM. Other than that, let's just use this thread to vote.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
trademhigh said:
Thumpersports said:

Being a tool about it?

You made that assumption, I never said anything bad about LWMM. I was speaking of the process, you of all people should be able to see that.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Thumpersports said:
trademhigh said:
Thumpersports said:

Being a tool about it?

You made that assumption, I never said anything bad about LWMM. I was speaking of the process, you of all people should be able to see that.

As an observer I'd like to voice my opinion on the matter.

First of all I think this conversation should be dropped, and this thread used expliciltly for voting as apposed to argueing.

Thumper, in no way did you come out and personally take a shot at LWMM, but as an observer you came off like it was a shot at him. Whether you meant to or not, to me it came off like it was a shot. I'm not trying to start any more little arguements, I'm just trying to clear the air. Nobody is ganging up on you or anything, its just that you came off as insulting LWMM

Members online