Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guess Razor isnt doing a baseball draft set this year??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Or just not doing the exclusive thing if they are.

A year ago today they had 13 draft picks signed to Exclusive contracts including #1 Tim Beckham, #6, #12, #14 and #15.

Since no news so far about them signing draft picks.... does that mean they are not doing a set this year?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Would guess we would have seen something now.My guess is topps ante'd up and now Razor will have to spend like a big time company which they are not.I like variety so hopefully they stick around but I don't think they have to be exclusive to be successful and I also think they need to amp up their product quite a bit from last year.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
No idea

Some guesses by me and that's all they are = guesses

1) Maybe going to concentrate on handful instead of large # of players for exclusivity

---realization that there was an overpay for exclsuive rights last year

2) Maybe going to concentrate on non-sports

3) Maybe going to expand to other sports besides baseball

I do check ebay from time to time to see if anything new in poker

I expect to hear some announcement around my birthday (8-14)
Maybe a "Razor KD's BD" product in honor of my birthday?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
predatorkj said:
Would guess we would have seen something now.My guess is topps ante'd up and now Razor will have to spend like a big time company which they are not.I like variety so hopefully they stick around but I don't think they have to be exclusive to be successful and I also think they need to amp up their product quite a bit from last year.
If you knew what they paid their exclusives, and then understood what Topps was offering the same players...there was a distinct reason that Razor got so many exclusives.

Assuming that they produce a set or two this year, I would expect announcements after the August signing deadline.

One thing is certain...if they do a set, don't expect them to have the same amount of players signed to exclusives.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I may be completely off base but could it have to do with the fact that so many players have yet to sign contracts?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
predatorkj said:
If you knew what they paid their exclusives, and then understood what Topps was offering the same players...there was a distinct reason that Razor got so many exclusives.

Assuming that they produce a set or two this year, I would expect announcements after the August signing deadline.

One thing is certain...if they do a set, don't expect them to have the same amount of players signed to exclusives.

I heard it was an ungodly amount but if topps wanted to push its weight around it would be like the Balrog from Lord of The Rings fighting Mini Me from Austin Powers.Razor made a nice dent in topps's operations but if topps comes charging back what's Razor gonna do about it?

Who knows.Like I said...hopefully they just don't get things messed all up.

Members online

Latest posts