Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ho hum, more eBay situations.....~ updated 8/3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I buy an item for $50 on July 18th.
The seller, 241 feedback 100% and 4.9+ DSR, and I work out a side deal on some other items and bump it up to $175.
I email him on the 23rd asking if he had a chance to mail it. He said it went out Wed the 22nd. I asked him for the tracking number so I don't need to bother him.
He says he sent out 25 packages and will have to match it to the zipcode (Why people don't use paypal.com to do their shipping is beyond me). The last email was on friday the 24th. Now it is the 30th and he won't reply to my emails.

Time to put in a claim on this item?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Re: Ho hum, more eBay situations.....

If he won't respond to you, then I'd file. It will, at the very least, light a fire under him.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

A_Pharis said:
I'd still wait until Monday. The USPS can be pretty slow.

I agree....however, the packages I mailed to the west coast and centeral US I mailed monday at 5pm customers have already left feedback.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

There is absolutely nothing wrong with filing a claim now.

If the seller doesn't have the courtesy to even address you concerns and clearly the item shipped later than expected...I would pull that trigger.

Opening a claim is simply the only way to protect you and there is a good chance that the seller is being completely honest...he just isn't giving you a ton of information. Claims are between you, the seller and PayPal...no one else. As long as everything comes through, everything is fine.

File it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

200lbhockeyplayer said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with filing a claim now.

If the seller doesn't have the courtesy to even address you concerns and clearly the item shipped later than expected...I would pull that trigger.

Opening a claim is simply the only way to protect you and there is a good chance that the seller is being completely honest...he just isn't giving you a ton of information. Claims are between you, the seller and PayPal...no one else. As long as everything comes through, everything is fine.

File it.

I checked the guys sold items the past 15 days.....he has about 7. He said he had to mail 25 packages, hope they weren't from customers the previous month :? :?

I will give him until the mail comes on Friday the 31st, that will be mail days to get it a few states over....If I get it by then he will still get 20 stars.

thank you for your input!

braden

Aug 7, 2008

You seem to have a very difficult time coming to easy decisions on your own.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

phillyfan0417 said:
braden said:

+1

Is this really necessary? Please keep your mindless drivel to yourself.

Bunch of clowns :?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
braden said:

+1

Clowns? Sorry, I guess I figured someone with an ounce of common sense who has had 3,524 ebay problems would know the simple answer to a simple question.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
braden said:

+1

Clowns? Sorry, I guess I figured someone with an ounce of common sense who has had 3,524 ebay problems would know the simple answer to a simple question.

Wonderful contribution. Finished?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Let's play nice.

We can all give jabs and we should all be able to take them.

That said, if most people didn't need "hand holding" there would be a lot less use for the internet.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Let's play nice.

We can all give jabs and we should all be able to take them.

That said, if most people didn't need "hand holding" there would be a lot less use for the internet.

Everyone sees situations differently and I wanted some varying opinions. I appreciate yours and you have been thanked. I am used to getting items in a timely manner and great communication with sellers.......so I was curious to know how common my situation was.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
EricInCT said:
The seller, 241 feedback 100% and 4.9+ DSR, and I work out a side deal on some other items and bump it up to $175.
I email him on the 23rd asking if he had a chance to mail it. He said it went out Wed the 22nd. I asked him for the tracking number so I don't need to bother him.
He says he sent out 25 packages and will have to match it to the zipcode (Why people don't use paypal.com to do their shipping is beyond me). The last email was on friday the 24th. Now it is the 30th and he won't reply to my emails.

The seller has not responded to me as of yet. I open update a dispute and elevated it to a claim. I opened the dispute on the morning of the 31st and the seller left feedback for an item he purchased later that day.

When I filed the claim it said that they can't guarantee that they will be able to recover any money........anyone ever have the situation and have them NOT be able to recover your funds?

A_Pharis

Yea. I ordered a hat from a guy ($7 shipping) and received it in a shipping bag (one of the really thin ones that people ship shirts in). The bill has a weird bend in it (a crease sorta.. like it was pressed) and there were sweat marks inside of it already like it had been worn a few times. Filed a claim on it since the guy required insurance (was part of the $7 S&H), but because he didn't actually BUY insurance it wasn't insured. Well, PP old me I'd have to ship it back with insurance, and shipping it back properly would have cost me $7 plus cost of time and possibly packing supplies so I still would have been out over $15. I figured I'd just keep it.

I wear it, and it's fine and all, but it definitely wasn't new.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
EricInCT said:
EricInCT said:

The seller has not responded to me as of yet. I open update a dispute and elevated it to a claim. I opened the dispute on the morning of the 31st and the seller left feedback for an item he purchased later that day.

When I filed the claim it said that they can't guarantee that they will be able to recover any money........anyone ever have the situation and have them NOT be able to recover your funds?

I won my claim when a seller ripped me off. He never responded to the PayPal claim so I won but didn't get any money since his account was empty. If you used a credit card you can file a chargeback but unless he has money in his PayPal account you are SOL.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
A_Pharis said:
Yea. I ordered a hat from a guy ($7 shipping) and received it in a shipping bag (one of the really thin ones that people ship shirts in). The bill has a weird bend in it (a crease sorta.. like it was pressed) and there were sweat marks inside of it already like it had been worn a few times. Filed a claim on it since the guy required insurance (was part of the $7 S&H), but because he didn't actually BUY insurance it wasn't insured. Well, PP old me I'd have to ship it back with insurance, and shipping it back properly would have cost me $7 plus cost of time and possibly packing supplies so I still would have been out over $15. I figured I'd just keep it.

I wear it, and it's fine and all, but it definitely wasn't new.

how lovely :?

I figure since the guy can't provide a tracking number he doesn't have a leg to stand on in my claim.

Members online

Latest posts