Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Webb May Need Surgery Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Arizona Repuiblic is reporting that Brandon Webb may need to have surgery again on his shoulder.

Apparently he has made no progress with the natural rehabilitation route, and is being recommended for surgery

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
darocker80 said:
theplasticman said:
Anyone else feel like his waiting is him trying to stick it to the team a bit?
He has issues with the Dbacks?

I'm pretty sure he's either a free agent after this season or next....I don't think they have talked with him about a long term deal.

Edit: Yup he could be a free agent after the 2010 season....

2009: $6.5 million, 2010: $8.5 million club option ($1.5 million buyout), 2011: Free Agent

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
I hope he makes it through even though it doesn't look very good...

Scan10337.jpg

Good luck webbie...

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
theplasticman said:

I can put this thing to rest.

There is no way that he's trying to stick it to the team. He would love to stay with the Diamondbacks. They have been good to him, his family, etc.

Why would someone as young as Brandon want to stay injured all season long intentionally not having surgery? They club has an option next year. If they choose not to pick up the option, he gets some money, but why would he want to sever ties? At this point, if he has surgery (which, at this point, exploratory may be the only surgery being done), he could be out Lord knows how long.

He and his wife are expecting a baby in the next three weeks, he's bought some property back here at home to build a new house on, etc.....does that sound like someone who doesn't want to get healthy and get back on the mound? He was told by three separate doctors that surgery was not required. He began throwing again a few days ago and everything was great. Until early this morning when he went to work out....there was stiffness again. He wants to get out there and help the club win and he really wants to pitch.

So, no, he's not trying to stick it to the team.

David

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
dethomas07 said:
theplasticman said:

I can put this thing to rest.

There is no way that he's trying to stick it to the team. He would love to stay with the Diamondbacks. They have been good to him, his family, etc.

Why would someone as young as Brandon want to stay injured all season long intentionally not having surgery? They club has an option next year. If they choose not to pick up the option, he gets some money, but why would he want to sever ties? At this point, if he has surgery (which, at this point, exploratory may be the only surgery being done), he could be out Lord knows how long.

He and his wife are expecting a baby in the next three weeks, he's bought some property back here at home to build a new house on, etc.....does that sound like someone who doesn't want to get healthy and get back on the mound? He was told by three separate doctors that surgery was not required. He began throwing again a few days ago and everything was great. Until early this morning when he went to work out....there was stiffness again. He wants to get out there and help the club win and he really wants to pitch.

So, no, he's not trying to stick it to the team.

David

He's trying to stick it to my fantasy team... He was my first round pick in my 14 team keeper league. :?

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Tomlinson21RB said:
He's trying to stick it to my fantasy team... He was my first round pick in my 14 team keeper league. :?

Don't think I don't mention that to him almost every time I talk to him. He was 3rd round (the 1st round any pitchers were taken) for me.

David

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

And I drafted him in the 3rd RD. in my ESPN draft

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Members online