Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson was not called out for steroids!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Re: Rickey Henderson called out for steroids!

Rickey was jacked out of his mind, not that big of a shock to me IF it's true and Canseco has been true about several people so far...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

Rickey Henderson was not called out on steroids, you moron. I'm starting to see why no one on here likes you

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ

JoshHamilton said:
Rickey Henderson was not called out on steroids, you moron. I'm starting to see why no one on here likes you

Josh Hamilton

To whom do you refer?

If it's to the OP, wow.
If it's to me for saying that Rickey was the first name that popped in my head when I heard story -----Hmmm, can't I at least speculate?

I do agree that maybe OP rushed to judgment that Jose C was talking about Rickey

Lars

Aug 25, 2008

If we are all going to playing the 'guess who it is' game here, I think Canseco maybe thinking of 'Reggie' instead of 'Rickey.'

Late in his career, 'Reggie' was teammates with Canseco and McGwire for one season.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

I have suspected Rickey for years. But everytime I would bring it up the huge Rickey fanbase would go insane and call me stupid. I would bet money on it.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

I have no idea whether Reggie used or not. And I'm not a fan of Reggie Jackson...but come on, his numbers are like 1/100th of what Bonds was putting up at the same age.

Reggie's career was ending as the steroids were being introduced. Maybe Reggie took steroids to hit his 15 homers in his final season with Oakland... :lol:

Lars said:
If we are all going to playing the 'guess who it is' game here, I think Canseco maybe thinking of 'Reggie' instead of 'Rickey.'

Late in his career, 'Reggie' was teammates with Canseco and McGwire for one season.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me if Rickey took steroids. YET, I would tend to believe he took them when he was trying to reach certain milestones like career SB and R records and the 3,000 hit milestone....

I honestly believe that the years up until his MVP season via 1989 he was legit; and that's the Rickey we remember.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

markakis8 said:
I have no idea whether Reggie used or not. And I'm not a fan of Reggie Jackson...but come on, his numbers are like 1/100th of what Bonds was putting up at the same age.

Reggie's career was ending as the steroids were being introduced. Maybe Reggie took steroids to hit his 15 homers in his final season with Oakland... :lol:

Lars said:

Who says they were introduced in the late '80's? Look at Lyle Alzado, he admitted using throughout his career during the '70's, and he paid the price with his life. If he had access to him, why not Reggie, for example?

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

JEA2880 said:
markakis8 said:

Lars said:

Who says they were introduced in the late '80's? Look at Lyle Alzado, he admitted using throughout his career during the '70's, and he paid the price with his life. If he had access to him, why not Reggie, for example?

You posted before I got to.

I doubt anyone actually knows when steroids were FIRST introduced to professional baseball, so trying to put any time line on it is absurd.

Rickey and Winstrol sound like a match. But who knows. Do you take into consideration Canseco's words because up to this point he has been right about EVERYONE he has thought was on? You have to give him some credibility. So i would have to say that He is pointing the finger at Rickey. Would it surprise me? No way. like others have said, he was chasing milestones after 91'. Once he got the SB record he was setting his sights for 3k hits and Runs scored record. And you do have to accept the fact, that Rickey STILL had his speed into his late 30's , even at 40 he was fast. So you can not be shocked if it ever did come out that he did use. As i could easily see it being the case with him. He wanted to stick around, and Roids for him definately would have allowed him to stick around for some years.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Oh snaps, it seems Canseco's name was not in the limelight so he had to throw it out there. :lol:

And since he has no chance of making the Hall of Fame, he will do this everytime around this year.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

JoshHamilton said:

Wow! A little sensitive? Don't get mad at me, it is pretty obvious who Canseco is talking about. Not to mention there have been rumors, ignored by fan, of Rickey for awhile! It is going to break your little hearts that an evil steriod user is in the Hall of Fame! I have news for you, he is not the only one!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

Canseco is a tool and a nark whose need for attention is annoying....

that being said, I've said many times that it wouldn't surprise me at all if Rickey used during his career. I just haven't said it here because there are a lot of people who will vehemently defend their idol from any speculation. Their thought being that if you don't know someone used with 100% surity then it's not ok to contemplate and discuss the possibilities. It's a message board, speculation is what we do. As much as I'm sad to say it, Rickey fits the bill of a guy who could have used steroids, whether he did or not.

A_Pharis

As a matter of fact, here's a quote from the story:

Canseco won't name who he's talking about, but he did say it's not his former Oakland teammate, Rickey Henderson, who was just inducted at Cooperstown.

"I have no knowledge of Rickey using steroids in any manner, shape or form," Canseco said in an interview with 950 ESPN radio in Philadelphia.

Theory = wrong.

From: http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/0 ... doper.html

Members online