Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who has the best bench in the NBA

Who has the best bench in the NBA

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Lakers have Odom, Ariza, Farmar and Vujacic
Celtics have T. Allen, Eddie House, Leon Powe and Big Baby
Portland have Oden, Outlaw, Fernandez, Frye, and Rodriguez

The Celtics do not have the name, but boy do they play well together.

If I had to vote I think I would give the edge to the Lakeers.

Please let me know if I forgot any team

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Celtic all the way :D . They won the title for crying out loud and killed the lakers bench. Till someone takes away the title they have the best team period.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
With Bynum healthy, Oden is know on the bench and Ariza is also healthy and being used correctly. The Lakers bench is improved

The Celtics lost a big part of the bench in Posey and also lost the expereince of Brown and Cassell (yes I know he is still on the team, but is not playing). I don't see how the Celtics improved their bench. The arguement can be made Allen and Powe have improved, but the improvements are not greater then the Lakers additions.

mlbsalltimegreats said:
Celtic all the way :D . They won the title for crying out load and killed the lakers bench. Till someone takes away the title they have the best team period.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Celtic all the way :D . They won the title for crying out load and killed the lakers bench. Till someone takes away the title they have the best team period.
True, but keep in mind the main reason they destroyed the Lakers bench was Posey, who is no longer there.
I'd go with Portland in terms of talent, but at this time the Celtics still play the best together.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I go with the champs! Doesn't hurt that the entire bench are among my favorite players though...

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I would say Houston has the best bench. Aaron Brooks, Brent Barry, Shane Battier, Carl Landry, and Luther Head.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
With Bynum healthy, Oden is know on the bench and Ariza is also healthy and being used correctly. The Lakers bench is improved

The Celtics lost a big part of the bench in Posey and also lost the expereince of Brown and Cassell (yes I know he is still on the team, but is not playing). I don't see how the Celtics improved their bench. The arguement can be made Allen and Powe have improved, but the improvements are not greater then the Lakers additions.

mlbsalltimegreats said:
That's a good point as I dint think about that. I like Odom and he is one hell of a player to have on the bench. I still got to give the edge to the Celts as they play and look like a real team and not just going thru a system like Phil has them doing in LA. It's working so far for the lakers but we'll see down the road what happens.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I am from the Boston area and watch the Celts all the time. Person for person they can not match up with the Lakers talent, but as a unit they might be able to. As I already mention they play so well together

mlbsalltimegreats said:
Huffamaniac said:

mlbsalltimegreats said:
That's a good point as I dint think about that. I like Odom and he is one hell of a player to have on the bench. I still got to give the edge to the Celts as they play and look like a real team and not just going thru a system like Phil has them doing in LA. It's working so far for the lakers but we'll see down the road what happens.

Members online