Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nick Johnson to the Marlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Source: Marlins get Nats' Johnson — 3:53 p.m.

Nick Johnson: '09 stats

Nick Johnson
Washington Nationals
First baseman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G AVG HR RBI R
98 .295 6 44 47
The Marlins have acquired first baseman Nick Johnson for the Nationals for Class AA left-hander Aaron Thompson, according to a major-league source.

The Nationals will pay the approximately $1.8 million remaining on Johnson's salary.

Johnson is a free agent at the end of the season.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
rebelpawn said:
Does this mean Kearns gets to play more? I sure hope so....
NO not Kearns. no offence but he has been terible for Washington. was kind of hopping he would get traded so he could hopefully have some more succes. maybe getting to play more will help him. only one way to find out

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
jeff550 said:
rebelpawn said:
Does this mean Kearns gets to play more? I sure hope so....
NO not Kearns. no offence but he has been terible for Washington. was kind of hopping he would get traded so he could hopefully have some more succes. maybe getting to play more will help him. only one way to find out

Yeah I know he stinks. I just hope he'd get a better chance if Johnson was traded and Dunn plays first.