Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peavy To The White Sox.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jake Peavy to the White sox??? What the

Jake Peavy Dealt To White Sox Again
By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 3:22pm CST]
Not sure what to make of this, but SI's Jon Heyman tweeted that Padres pitcher Jake Peavy was dealt to the White Sox again. Heyman is not sure if Peavy OK'd it. He says the Padres get minor leaguers.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Jake Peavy to the White sox??? What the

Mayo is reporting:

Peavy, for Clayton Richard, Aaron Poreda, Adam Russell and Dexter Carter!

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

Just mentioned it on MLB TV, right as I turned the channel, so I didn't hear the word "confirmed".

weavermania

Aug 7, 2008

weavermania said:
Poreda is part of the deal
3:29pm: MLB.com's Corey Brock via Twitter: Aaron Poreda's in the deal, not sure what else. Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse has righty Adam Russell in the trade as well. Righty Dexter Carter is the third player going to San Diego, according to multiple reports.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008

Ugh, Poreda going to where prospects cards go to die. Hopefully they at least put him in the rotation immediately instead of having him sit in the pen.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008

Jaypers said:
Mayo is reporting:

Peavy, for Clayton Richard, Aaron Poreda, Adam Russell and Dexter Carter!

i dont wanna get rid of richard

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008

what was the trade a few months ago again?

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008

J.O. said:
what was the trade a few months ago again?

Richard wasn't in it. By Peavy rejecting last time, he actually increased the Padres' return. :lol:

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008

Seiya said:
anyone want peavy stuff? :cry:
yes, i am crying.

i'm crying about giving clayton richard away, lol

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

I had a vested interest in one of those guys as well.

::facepalm::

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles

White Sox acquire Peavy from PadresComment Email Print Share ESPNChicago.com

The Chicago White Sox acquired Jake Peavy from the San Diego Padres for four players.

The Sox sent pitchers Aaron Poreda, Clayton Richard, Dexter Carter and Adam Russell.

Peavy, who has been on the disabled list since June 9 with an ankle injury, had a complete no-trade clause. He's a two-time All-Star and won the Cy Young Award in 2007.

This is another BS trade by Kenny Williams...Dexter Carter shouldn't have been added to this trade it was enough that we gave away poreda and Richard -Adam Russell no big deal ( would be a mid reliever anyway) but 3 starting pitchers for someone who didn't want to come here a few months ago..... :evil:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

Confirmed by ESPN and MLB.coms.

Sox fans, cards in my sig are probably available now. Sigh.

First Knapp, now Peavy. Man, this deadline is treating me like it's Kirstie Alley and I'm the buffet. At least Duchscherer was too hurt to get dumped outta Oak-town.

Chisox1916

Jul 28, 2009
I'm loving this trade for the ChiSox, regardless of when Peavy comes back - as long as he's back for the postseason and next season. Poreda is a real nice prospect, but other than that, I don't regret giving anyone up.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Chisox1916 said:
I'm loving this trade for the ChiSox, regardless of when Peavy comes back - as long as he's back for the postseason and next season. Poreda is a real nice prospect, but other than that, I don't regret giving anyone up.

I feel the same way. I think Richard had 2 great starts at the right time. The beginning of the year, he was just awful, and I don't think he'll become too much to regret giving him up for Peavy. Poreda is the only guy I would've wanted to keep, but I'm happy giving him up for Peavy as well.

Members online

Latest posts