Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest HOF auto pickup, ***** League style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Picked this up for just over 300; came with JSA LOA

"In late 1936 Smith signed with the Kansas City Monarchs. From 1937 until his retirement in 1948 Smith was a star pitcher on the Monarchs, possessing what may have been the best curveball in baseball history; but he was overshadowed by his more flamboyant teammate Satchel Paige. Often Paige would pitch the first three innings of a game, leaving Smith to pitch the remaining six; Paige would nonetheless receive credit for the win. Also, unlike Paige, Smith was a very good hitter. Still, Smith was credited with 20 or more wins in each of his 12 seasons with the Kansas City Monarchs."

He was inducted into the Hall in 2001

Smite.jpg

This puts my count at 178. 200 different HOF autos never seemed so far away!

Thanks for looking.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks a lot guys.

I'm not sure about 200, as these things are getting cost-prohibitive. There are a couple more that I can pick up for under 300, but the prices shoot up after that. Of course, I'm stocking up on future HOF players. I'd put the over/under on my reaching 200 autos at around 5 years from now.

Unless I get some sort of crazy windfall...

Members online

Latest posts