Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Funny entry in Mark Shapiro (Tribe GM) wiki...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Shapiro:

Mark Shapiro has also recently won two awards in the mid to late 2009 Season. He has won the Biggest ******* of the year award from fans and Worst GM of the year beating out the GMs of the Washington Nationals and Pittsburgh Pirates. He received the award for trading away numerous key players (Cliff Lee to the Phillies and Victor Martinez to the Red Sox) for a bunch of prospects to rebuild a team that was already set.

Edit: Wasn't me that did this either.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
prozac4312 said:
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Shapiro:

Mark Shapiro has also recently won two awards in the mid to late 2009 Season. He has won the Biggest ******* of the year award from fans and Worst GM of the year beating out the GMs of the Washington Nationals and Pittsburgh Pirates. He received the award for trading away numerous key players (Cliff Lee to the Phillies and Victor Martinez to the Red Sox) for a bunch of prospects to rebuild a team that was already set.

Edit: Wasn't me that did this either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yah I always scratch my head when a GM wanting to win within the next couple years trades away prime players in their late-20's early 30's....I would've figured Hafner would be the first one to go instead of Lee, VMart, or Garko...

And not b/c of age, but b/c of production.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
uh...first of all, you purposefully misconstrued for others my quote.

second of all, i have no idea what statement you are making.

pujolsnet said:
markakis8 said:
prime players in their late-20's early 30's....Garko...

l

o

l

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
pujolsnet said:
markakis8 said:

l

o

l

I just wanted to let you know that I hold no malice towards you for calling me an idiot in your last thread. I try not to be too imposing, but I hope you're able to work it out with God all that anger you hold in your heart and if you do not believe, that you find some sort of outlet for it. I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but rather show you a more adult way to handle a dispute than name calling. Have a good one.

pujolsnet

Jun 10, 2009
Vagrant said:
pujolsnet said:
markakis8 said:

l

o

l

I just wanted to let you know that I hold no malice towards you for calling me an idiot in your last thread. I try not to be too imposing, but I hope you're able to work it out with God all that anger you hold in your heart and if you do not believe, that you find some sort of outlet for it. I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but rather show you a more adult way to handle a dispute than name calling. Have a good one.

You are an idiot, I purposefully said to not reply if you were a self-righteous person who intended to reply like you would. Then you did anyway.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
pujolsnet said:
Vagrant said:
pujolsnet said:
markakis8 said:

l

o

l

You are an idiot, I purposefully said to not reply if you were a self-righteous person who intended to reply like you would. Then you did anyway.

It isn't worth discussing the semantics behind why you reacted the way you did, but again I hope you find the satisfaction you're looking for in a more healthy avenue than chastising people that disagree with your opinion online by hurling insults at them.

The community isn't here to judge you, but if you ask a person for their opinion and then berate them for their predictability that is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy, no?

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
bballcardkid said:
This board needs the option to give a "negative" thanks. You know, instead of plus 1, you get minus 1.

Not sure to whom this is directed, but it honestly wasn't me that put the quote from my OP in the Shapiro wiki.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55203

And then this entire thread you started and you will realize this comment WASNT directed at you.

prozac4312 said:
bballcardkid said:
This board needs the option to give a "negative" thanks. You know, instead of plus 1, you get minus 1.

Not sure to whom this is directed, but it honestly wasn't me that put the quote from my OP in the Shapiro wiki.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
prozac4312 said:
bballcardkid said:

Hey prozac, what are you going to do with the V-mart collection now? Does him being traded to the Red Sox affect your collecting?

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
markakis8 said:
Yah I always scratch my head when a GM wanting to win within the next couple years trades away prime players in their late-20's early 30's....I would've figured Hafner would be the first one to go instead of Lee, VMart, or Garko...

And not b/c of age, but b/c of production.

Hafner's production isn't the issue. When he plays he does well, as he's slugging .535 and has an OBP of .380. The reason why nobody would touch him with a 10-foot pole right now is because of his contract coupled with the shoulder surgery that he's still "recovering" from (he can only play 2-3 games in a row). If he can show that he's past his injury and capable of playing everyday next season, I can see him being traded as well. IF....

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
beberly said:
prozac4312 said:
bballcardkid said:

Hey prozac, what are you going to do with the V-mart collection now? Does him being traded to the Red Sox affect your collecting?

I'm between listing now and reaping the benefits of newly interested Boston collectors...Waiting to see if he does something spectacular during the season, or if he has post season heroics...I had planned to sell most of my stuff anyway due to a huge lack of interest in the last couple of months anyway.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I would list now why his name is out there and all the boston fans look to get something nice of his or at least list a couple to guage interest then go from there

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
Boston fans: how easy will it be to find an Authentic jersey of Victor? I'm still going to be a fan, and wouldn't mind purchasing a jersey to support him for when he comes back to Cleveland.

I ask because it is EXTREMELY difficult to find (legit) Authentic jerseys of Tribe players. The ones on eBay are, for the most part, fake...and I've got the only real Authentic jersey of Victor that I've seen.

Members online