Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Look at this bad ****!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
molinaespncover.jpg

“I’m not going to be in the Hall of Fame, and I don’t think Jose will be either. But Yadier, he has a chance.”-Bengie Molina

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
i have to assume he meant the molina hall of fame, because yadier will be buying tickets to get into cooperstown for the rest of his life

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
abravesfan said:
i have to assume he meant the molina hall of fame, because yadier will be buying tickets to get into cooperstown for the rest of his life

Yadi could go down as the greatest defensive catcher of all times.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Kinda early bud, but who knows.

As far as defensive catchers go, I want to say my grandfather said Campanella was the best he'd seen. I might be waaaaaay off though...

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Sam Banks said:
[quote="George_Calfas":12vd30g5]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

That's what I have been saying to Gilmore for like ever now!!!!!!!![/quote:12vd30g5]

Please explain how?

McCann leads Yadi in EVERY single offensive category in 1 season less of play.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
thenumberonemetfan said:
Sam Banks said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2l555pm4]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

That's what I have been saying to Gilmore for like ever now!!!!!!!!

Please explain how?

McCann leads Yadi in EVERY single offensive category in 1 season less of play.[/quote:2l555pm4]

You have to lead a pitching staff as a catcher, the Cards would be a sub par team without him behind the plate.
Offense is not everything.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
thenumberonemetfan said:
Sam Banks said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1tnoac64]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

Please explain how?

McCann leads Yadi in EVERY single offensive category in 1 season less of play.[/quote:1tnoac64]

I said CATCHER!!!!

Why can people not distinguish CATCHING and HITTING when a debate over who is the better CATCHER comes up?

That's what Chris does.

I'm not talking about hitting, and I didn't say HITTING! I said catching, and I meant CATCHING!

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
George_Calfas said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2y69np4c][quote="George_Calfas":2y69np4c]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

Please explain how?

McCann leads Yadi in EVERY single offensive category in 1 season less of play.[/quote:2y69np4c]

You have to lead a pitching staff as a catcher, the Cards would be a sub par team without him behind the plate.
Offense is not everything.[/quote:2y69np4c]

McCann calls a great game behind the plate not as good as Yadi but that doesn't make up for the fact that he is behind McCann in EVERY single offensive category.Yadi also has an experienced pitching staff while McCann has Jair Jurrjens,Tommy Hanson,Kenshin Kawakami.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Sam Banks said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3usu1rys][quote="George_Calfas":3usu1rys]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

Please explain how?

McCann leads Yadi in EVERY single offensive category in 1 season less of play.[/quote:3usu1rys]

I said CATCHER!!!!

Why can people not distinguish CATCHING and HITTING when a debate over who is the better CATCHER comes up?

That's what Chris does.

I'm not talking about hitting, and I didn't say HITTING! I said catching, and I meant CATCHING![/quote:3usu1rys]

Part of being a catcher is being able to hit a baseball.If thats not the case then lets call Mike Matheny an elite catcher.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
thenumberonemetfan said:
George_Calfas said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="Sam Banks":rymolpku][quote="George_Calfas":rymolpku]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

Please explain how?

Offense is not everything.[/quote:rymolpku]

McCann calls a great game behind the plate not as good as Yadi but that doesn't make up for the fact that he is behind McCann in EVERY single offensive category.Yadi also has an experienced pitching staff while McCann has Jair Jurrjens,Tommy Hanson,Kenshin Kawakami.[/quote:rymolpku]

OK, your right...
McCann is behind in 1 big category though

WS RINGS!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
thenumberonemetfan said:
George_Calfas said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3gg6tfgk][quote="George_Calfas":3gg6tfgk]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

Please explain how?

Offense is not everything.[/quote:3gg6tfgk]

McCann calls a great game behind the plate not as good as Yadi but that doesn't make up for the fact that he is behind McCann in EVERY single offensive category.Yadi also has an experienced pitching staff while McCann has Jair Jurrjens,Tommy Hanson,Kenshin Kawakami.[/quote:3gg6tfgk]

If he was a good enough catcher then he'd be able to know his pitchers strengths and weaknesses and know what to call and not to call with certain pitchers on the mound and certain batters at the plate. Like Yadi, he knows everything about every pitcher on his staff, and knows their history with every batter on the opposing team. Dude is such a beast behind the plate. And that doesn't surprise me, because his mentor was Mike Matheny. Another GREAT cather, who wasn't a beast of a hitter in his own right.

But the Cardinals have said for years that they really don't care what Matheny or Yadi hits because their primary job is to be well aware of their main duty and handle the pitching staff as well as possible. And that's what both of the have done (or did, in Mike's case). And they have done it well. And every Cardinal fan really doesn't get on Yadi for not being a great hitter, because everyone realizes and accepts this. Yadi makes up for his lack of hitting sometimes TEN FOLD with his work behind the plate.

And for someone who apparently sucks at hitting, he sure does have one the biggest hits in Cardinals history in that 06 NLCS. Yadi's hitting is coming around, and the only people who bash him for his hitting are people who are just stat geeks, or McCann fans who want to justify that McCann is better than Yadi.

Yadi's really gotten much better at the plate and will only continue to get better.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
thenumberonemetfan said:
Sam Banks said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1zhc5qio][quote="George_Calfas":1zhc5qio]
abravesfan said:

Yadi > McCann

Please explain how?

I said CATCHER!!!!

That's what Chris does.

I'm not talking about hitting, and I didn't say HITTING! I said catching, and I meant CATCHING![/quote:1zhc5qio]

Part of being a catcher is being able to hit a baseball.If thats not the case then lets call Mike Matheny an elite catcher.[/quote:1zhc5qio]

Matheny WAS an ELITE catcher. And anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Not calling you an idiot, just saying.

Hence the All Star and World Series apprearances, and his mantle full of Gold Gloves. And his high reguard all around MLB.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
All I know is that if I were picking one catcher that's in the game today to be my general behind the plate, Yadi is my pick all the way.

McCann isn't even close in my mind.

Latest posts