Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matusz Pulled After 1 Inning (EDIT: It's Official, He's Up)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Re: Matusz Pulled After One Inning

Congrats to him. It's going to be fun watching him and Tillman in the majors for the next few months.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

I made a post in the other thread... :)

Wish we had a dancing banana smiley on here... lol

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

I believe he would be the first of the Razor exclusives to get the call to the bigs.

Guess we may soon see how prices are affected as a result.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

Jaypers said:
I believe he would be the first of the Razor exclusives to get the call to the bigs.

No joke; let the great experiment begin.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

Jaypers said:

More interested in seeing how the USA stuff is affected... ;)

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

Jaypers said:

For the sake of a lot of board members I hope they explode. If they do it will also help the prices off other razor exclusives. I think a lot of people having been waiting for this.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky

Russ S. said:
I made a post in the other thread... :)

Wish we had a dancing banana smiley on here... lol

bananna2.gif

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

I have no metal autos but I have a ton of the sig series. This was my fav guy outta the exclusives. I did not think he would be called THIS fast. What a trio O's fans have to look forward too.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

Has there been any info. to suggest it is a callup & not an injury? I haven't heard anything either way but I'm just curious as to where everyone is speculating that he left due to a callup (please lmk as I am VERY interested)... :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

HoustonTeams4Me said:
Has there been any info. to suggest it is a callup & not an injury? I haven't heard anything either way but I'm just curious as to where everyone is speculating that he left due to a callup (please lmk as I am VERY interested)... :D

All of the articles on Google make no mention of injury so far. Including MLB.com.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

Kobatko says he's getting the call and got a very strong indication of it happening.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Watched the O's game tonight and they had a little side mention with Matusz picture and stats stating he was pulled after the 1st.

No mention of injury and it appeared they were promoting him.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008

I was at tonights bowie game..He was pulled so that he can be considered for a spot start next week. Not sure if he is going though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Update. It's official:

Matusz on his way (updated)
By Roch Kubatko on August 3, 2009 11:33 AM | Permalink | Comments (31)
The move won't become official until tomorrow, but Brian Matusz boarded a plane to Detroit this morning after spending the night in New Hampshire.

Matusz accompanied his Double-A Bowie teammates from New Britain to New Hampshire after pitching one inning on Saturday. He monitored the weather in Baltimore yesterday, making sure the game at Camden Yards wasn't rained out.

Matusz will probably throw today at Comerica Park, in part to get used to a larger ball, then hide out until tomorrow because the club doesn't want the media swarming him while he's in limbo. And he'll hope that the weather continues to cooperate with him.

The Orioles will have to make a corresponding roster move once Matusz joins the 25-man roster. Can they really afford to trim a reliever?

It's also worth noting that Matusz isn't using up an option simply because he's being recalled. He's on the 40-man roster and that option already is up.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
So will it now be possible for Topps to produce a Matusz card, assuming they can get Matusz to sign with them?

My finger's are stuck in the crossed position (hoping he blows up like Tim Lincecum did upon promotion)!!! :D

(I just wish I hadn't sold so many of my Matusz stash over this past year...this & a few more are all I have left ::facepalm:: ):

MatuszUDUSACollage.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
HoustonTeams4Me said:
So will it now be possible for Topps to produce a Matusz card, assuming they can get Matusz to sign with them?

I believe Razor has to sell the rights to Topps if they want to produce autographs.

If it's just a base card, he has to be on the 25-man.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
As an O's fan I can for the first time in 10+ years say I am looking forward to watching some of their games... I am glad they decided to let these guys get their feet wet this year so they can come into next season more relaxed and focused on just playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts