Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just confirming the etiquette on this matter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
So someone buys a card in an auction. The auction has a scan of the card and specifically states that the scan is of the card in question.

The card arrives and is very much off center from left to right. The card in the scan is centered perfectly.

Both the buyer and seller have 100 % feedback.

What do you do?

A) Seller refunds buyer, buyer sends card back.
B) Buyer just puts up with it.
C) Buyer sells card to someone and doesn't mention that the card is way O/C but also doesn't mention the card is in good condition.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
As a buyer, I'd expect a full refund + the money to send it back. As a seller, I would refund the money + the ammount to send it back.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
key = stated that seller said auction is for card that is in photo

that allows a refund in my opinion
why would seller say one thing but then ship a different card?

Yup, there are a few options.

Show a pic and say card is in pic.
Show a pic and say nothing.
Show a pic and say pic is example.
Do not show a pic.

Option 1 definitely warrants a refund IMO, and 2 probably does as well. 3 and 4 do not, but I think if there is a serious defect, it probably should be mentioned.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
kentuckyderby said:
key = stated that seller said auction is for card that is in photo

that allows a refund in my opinion
why would seller say one thing but then ship a different card?
Well he may have had 2 copies and used just one scan for both.

I was say contact the seller, and say if this is to be the card, in the scan, it was not.
I want a refund, or I'll send the card back. And if you says tough luck then file
an Item not as described claim against him.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Normally, I would say A.

However, one problem exists with buy and selling raw cards when it comes to refunds/returns. As a seller, how do you know that it is the actual/original card you sent the buyer?

I realize that the seller said the scan is of the actual card being sold. But, as a seller, how do you know the buyer isn't trying to scam you and switch cards on you?

Members online