Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Freddy Sanchez Giants Debut!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
And the poll voting was like what....80/20 that the Pirates got the better end of the deal? ::facepalm::

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
scotty21690 said:
And the poll voting was like what....80/20 that the Pirates got the better end of the deal? ::facepalm::
If we didn't have so much pitching depth i would've been mad, but with bumgarner, sosa, pucetas, tanner, and hopefully zach wheeler (with lincecum and cain) we can get rid of some talent (even if we overpaid) :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
scotty21690 said:
If we didn't have so much pitching depth i would've been mad, but with bumgarner, sosa, pucetas, tanner, and hopefully zach wheeler (with lincecum and cain) we can get rid of some talent (even if we overpaid) :)
You did not overpay, Freddy is an AS caliber player who can get hits whenever you need them and also drive in runs. Alderson has never pitched in the majors and from what I have heard, has a decent shot to wind up having TJ surgery in his career.

You had pitching depth, you NEEDED a bat. Win/win IMO, you would have not made it to the playoffs had you not added another bat.

If you had traded away Bumgarner, then well.... :|

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
scotty21690 said:
darocker80 said:
scotty21690 said:
You did not overpay, Freddy is an AS caliber player who can get hits whenever you need them and also drive in runs. Alderson has never pitched in the majors and from what I have heard, has a decent shot to wind up having TJ surgery in his career.

You had pitching depth, you NEEDED a bat. Win/win IMO, you would have not made it to the playoffs had you not added another bat.

If you had traded away Bumgarner, then well.... :|
If we traded bumgarner i hope we got someone like fielder...lol

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
scotty21690 said:
He has played one game with them and you say it was a bad trade for the Pirates?
Alderson is still in the minors and will have an effect later on.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rookieautos said:
scotty21690 said:
He has played one game with them and you say it was a bad trade for the Pirates?
Giants are trading for NOW, they have a legit shot to make it to the WS NOW. They needed a bat, they got it. Sure he played one game with them but he produced, helped them win the game, and will continue to do so. He was having a great season as it was and will continue to do so.

Also Alderson is unproven and may help them in the future but if the Pirates keep trading away all of their Major Leaguers then Alderson will never have ANY run support..

EDIT: Also I never said it was a bad trade for the Pirates. but a better trade for the Giants...this helps the Giants now as 2B was one of their weak spots.

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
scotty21690 said:
rookieautos said:
scotty21690 said:
Giants are trading for NOW, they have a legit shot to make it to the WS NOW. They needed a bat, they got it. Sure he played one game with them but he produced, helped them win the game, and will continue to do so. He was having a great season as it was and will continue to do so.

Also Alderson is unproven and may help them in the future but if the Pirates keep trading away all of their Major Leaguers then Alderson will never have ANY run support..

EDIT: Also I never said it was a bad trade for the Pirates. but a better trade for the Giants...this helps the Giants now as 2B was one of their weak spots.
Yet, Alderson could become their ace for years to come.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
rookieautos said:
scotty21690 said:
rookieautos said:
scotty21690 said:

The Pirates will trade him before that happens. I bet they are pissed becuase the trading deadline has passed and they can't trade Mccuthen right now after his 3 HR game.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Lincecumm, cain, bumgarner, zito

pretty good. alderson wasn't a huge loss, but a loss neverthless (prized prospect)

but we did get an all star bat :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rookieautos said:
scotty21690 said:
rookieautos said:
scotty21690 said:

I guess what I am trying to say is that Freddy is a proven player while Alderson is not. Hell, he may not even make it to the majors! He is not helping out the Pirates right now so I think it is safe to say that as of right now and the rest of this season the advantage goes to the Giants. Maybe in a couple years it will be the other way around. But too many if's to go that far into the future..

Latest posts