Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bud Norris get his first MLB win today!! Happy for him!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Bud Norris in his first MLB start today gets his first MLB win with 7 solid innings of 2 hit, no run ball against St. Louis. Bud is a really cool guy and I'm happy for him. Hope he has many more.

in 2007 I worked for Coca-Cola as a merchandiser. I would visit a few supermarkets a day and fill their shelves with soda, build displays, fill the coolers, etc. I was working in the summer at a supermarket in Lakewood, NJ one day and these 4 young athletic looking guys come in and are seriously just wandering around the store with no agenda what-so-ever. They eventually settle at this display picnic table set up right behind the end-cap display I'm building. So I started chatting with them, just saying what's up. I figured maybe they were tourists visiting the Jersey Shore. It turns out they are staying at the hotel across the street and they were bored. They were Lexington Legends and they were in town to play the Lakewood Blue Claws. Really cool guys. The four were:

David Qualben
Drew Holder
Eric Taylor
Bud Norris

We chatted about baseball, where they grew up and what teams they grew up rooting for. I didn't follow the minors as much then as I do now and I'd never heard of any of them. In fact, the only guy on their team I'd heard of at the time was Koby Clemens. I jokingly asked them who was the best out of all of them and the unanimously said Norris.

They told me I should go to the game that night. I couldn't go, but I went the next night and went down to say what's up to them. We chatted for a bit more. I told them they should hit up the Seaside or Point Pleasant boardwalk while they were in town. Bud told me to look him up on myspace. I did a few days later. We sent a few messages back and forth. I guess at the beginning of the 08 season, I shot him a message to say what's up and good luck. He told me the team was making him delete his myspace account due to security risks, but to look him up on facebook. I never got around to it.

He seems like a genuinely good guy and I was really happy to see him get this win today. I wish him many more!

On that note, anyone have a Bud Norris BC auto they wanna trade or sell me? I never did get around to getting one. LOL!

Members online

Latest posts