Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Taylor .vs. Dominic Brown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
One is a left fielder (Taylor), one is a right fielder (Brown).

Brown is 2 Years younger, and at AA. Taylor is in AAA.

The Phillies outfield is currently occupied by Victorino (All Star), Jayson Werth (All Star), and Raul Ibanez (All Star...I think? if not, he shoulda been)

Taylor and Brown are both prime outfield prospects and have both posted pretty similar numbers this year.

Which one is the most likely (if either of them) to break into that Phils outfield?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
It will take an injury or trade. Phillies aren't going to change much with the way they are atm.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Ibanez was at the all star game. In fact he started. :lol:

I like Brown a lot. I think he will be a lot like Matt Kemp. Their numbers are very similar in the FSL at roughly the same age(Brown only played 60 some games and Kemp over 100).

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Cant believe i missed this the first time around. i really like taylor but brown has the higher ceiling and has a better set of tools. Not a knock on Taylor just shows how good brown could be.

there will be a spot in the phillies outfield when jayson werth becomes a free agent after next season. Phils would be smart to let him walk and take the picks if he continues to produce.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
M.Taylor is the all-around better player right now but given Brown's age he may be able to equal that or surpass Taylor's production (considering that Taylor doesn't improve as he advances). :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
M.Taylor is the all-around better player right now but given Brown's age he may be able to equal that or surpass Taylor's production (considering that Taylor doesn't improve as he advances). :D

If that makes you feel better, sure, why not.

;)

Come on guy, must you continue this? If you don't like me then foe me & don't read my post's (that would be a godsend as you would stop replying to them with all these smart azz response's). Jeez, quit hatin'! :D

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

;)

Come on guy, must you continue this? If you don't like me then foe me & don't read my post's (that would be a godsend as you would stop replying to them with all these smart azz response's). Jeez, quit hatin'! :D

Why should I foe you, because i dont agree?

Your comment is true but doesnt really mean anything since you can say that about any player, Taylor is older and a better player today but for his age, brown, if he continues to develop, will be the better player and will be younger. So I conceded your point, Taylor is the better player today.

Now, go work on a thicker skin. Not everything on a message board is personal.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

;)

Your comment is true but doesnt really mean anything since you can say that about any player, Taylor is older and a better player today but for his age, brown, if he continues to develop, will be the better player and will be younger. So I conceded your point, Taylor is the better player today.

My comment was focussed on the question at hand, who will be able to break into that OF rotation...I believe Taylor will because he is the better player right now, whereas D.Brown is good but is not a sure thing to even reach Taylor's level of play (if you read everyone's statement/evaluation/or prediction of Brown in this thread the key statement you'll see is : "higher ceiling"....that means jack if the player doesn't reach thier ceiling). And in what way is your statement below any different than mine, since you could basically say that about anyone (speaking of ceiling's & how good a player "could" be)? :D

phillyfan0417 said:
Cant believe i missed this the first time around. i really like taylor but brown has the higher ceiling and has a better set of tools. Not a knock on Taylor just shows how good brown could be.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

;)

My comment was focussed on the question at hand, who will be able to break into that OF rotation...I believe Taylor will because he is the better player right now, whereas D.Brown is good but is not a sure thing to even reach Taylor's level of play (if you read everyone's statement/evaluation/or prediction of Brown in this thread the key statement you'll see is : "higher ceiling"....that means jack if the player doesn't reach thier ceiling). And in what way is your statement below any different than mine, since you could basically say that about anyone (speaking of ceiling's & how good a player "could" be)? :D

phillyfan0417 said:

Ok, i can only judge players based on similar levels, how about you go check out Taylors numbers at clearwater and compare them to browns, would you say they are pretty equal? Also, taylors are slightly better in some aspects, this is where the two full year difference comes into play. Also, the fact that Taylor has played alot more baseball is another factor. Sorry, thats just using the tools at hand to evaluate a player.

I'm not going to pull out the whole debate but this should be a good place to start.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
phillyfan0417 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="HoustonTeams4Me":19qyin8r]M.Taylor is the all-around better player right now but given Brown's age he may be able to equal that or surpass Taylor's production (considering that Taylor doesn't improve as he advances). :D

;)

phillyfan0417 said:

Ok, i can only judge players based on similar levels, how about you go check out Taylors numbers at clearwater and compare them to browns, would you say they are pretty equal? Also, taylors are slightly better in some aspects, this is where the two full year difference comes into play. Also, the fact that Taylor has played alot more baseball is another factor. Sorry, thats just using the tools at hand to evaluate a player.

I'm not going to pull out the whole debate but this should be a good place to start.[/quote:19qyin8r]

Taylor is the better prospect until Brown puts up better stats as far as I'm concerned. The ceiling argument is just a joke IMO. Has anyone ever reached their ceiling? I'll take someone who is performing all day long over someone who might get as good as them one day.

Members online

Latest posts