Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FBI at the National?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/fbi-probe-continues-at-national.html

Didn't know if you guys had read this yet, I just saw it and thought it was interesting.
I called my cousin and told him about Kevin Burge. And he told me he knew about him already.
And then told me he could not comment on the on going investigation .
True that story!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Pine Tar said:
[quote="CAROLINA BOSOX":37yicwf6]http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/fbi-probe-continues-at-national.html

Didn't know if you guys had read this yet, I just saw it and thought it was interesting.
I called my cousin and told him about Kevin Barge. And he told me he knew about him already.
True that story![/quote:37yicwf6]
They are looking at the wrong guy, then. Kevin Burge is the faker. ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
trademhigh said:
Pine Tar said:
[quote="CAROLINA BOSOX":1mrmc6xg]http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/fbi-probe-continues-at-national.html

I called my cousin and told him about Kevin Barge. And he told me he knew about him already.
True that story!
They are looking at the wrong guy, then. Kevin Burge is the faker. ;)[/quote:1mrmc6xg]
yes he is but still sells stuff that is not the original stuff. It is only a matter of time he gets in the bigger money
of the fake Auto's and the counterfeit stuff. He is a crack head and once he does a hit he will be coming back for more.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
trademhigh said:
Pine Tar said:
[quote="CAROLINA BOSOX":29u2xd31]http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/fbi-probe-continues-at-national.html

I called my cousin and told him about Kevin Burge. And he told me he knew about him already.
True that story!
They are looking at the wrong guy, then. Kevin Burge is the faker. ;)[/quote:29u2xd31]

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Story seems off. To the best of my knowledge no one from our side was interviewed by the fbi. I find it hard to believe that they would interview SCF over us considering the size of both sites and the setups.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I tried to follow some of the National coverage through the FCB guys and didn't hear anything about FBI. Maybe just maybe some people will get the picture finally. I wonder if some auctions have been pulled by some sellers or if the number of those questionable buyback auto auctions will start to dwindle down. :?:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
bouwob said:
Story seems off. To the best of my knowledge no one from our side was interviewed by the fbi. I find it hard to believe that they would interview SCF over us considering the size of both sites and the setups.
The FBI already know you and Chris back in 1995 did not return the **** movies you rented under you college roommates names. So nothing new here. :D

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
bouwob said:
there were probobly scared of you guys. i mean if they look accross the show and see some guys talking to a computer they might just talk to some other people.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i talked with hundereds of people and didnt hear anything about the FBI being there. Im glad they're still looking into all this fraud stuff. I would love to see some of these scammers/fakers go down.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
bouwob said:
They definitely wouldn't have interviewed SCF over FCB. That makes no sense. Maybe they were staying undercover?

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Story is definitely true. The focus of the investigation though is more on auction houses and It's been going on for a while, especially as it pertains to Mastro (now Legendary) Auctions. Doug Allen, president of Mastro and now in charge of Legendary, was given a subpoena before their live auction. It's often speculated that Mastro folded to avoid further investigation/scrutiny by the FBI.

I don't think FCB has much first hand experience with auction house shilling or the selling of improperly authenticated items. Ebay does not seem to be included in the current major investigation by the FBI. That's probably why no one talked to you guys.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
bouwob said:
The FBI already know you and Chris back in 1995 did not return the **** movies you rented under you college roommates names. So nothing new here. :D

Hay now I fixed that last week. It was a good movie but not sure it was worth the $14,746 in late fees and I still haven't seen the end ;).

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
bouwob said:
Pine Tar said:
bouwob said:

Hay now I fixed that last week. It was a good movie but not sure it was worth the $14,746 in late fees and I still haven't seen the end ;).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I hope that they really do go after Burge. I checked out his booth at the national and it was hilarious. Every single patch card was obviously fake. He was cracking jsa and bgs cases like they were peanuts. I saw with my own eyes him pulling cards out and handing off to his crew and saying "work on this one." He was so blaytant about it was insulting.

I hung around his booth for a while and drove away customers with my "FARTS OF DEATH." When a customer would walk up I walked over and dropped a bomb. :lol: a couple times I could tell his posse was hurting, they had that, "what the F is that smell" look on there face. It was so hard not to laugh but I kept the poker face for the good of the hobby. CHEMICAL WARFARE!!! Through out the day when ever I walked by I gassed 'em. Seriously, they were horrible farts.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Sweetness said:
I hope that they really do go after Burge. I checked out his booth at the national and it was hilarious. Every single patch card was obviously fake. He was cracking jsa and bgs cases like they were peanuts. I saw with my own eyes him pulling cards out and handing off to his crew and saying "work on this one." He was so blaytant about it was insulting.

I hung around his booth for a while and drove away customers with my "FARTS OF DEATH." When a customer would walk up I walked over and dropped a bomb. :lol: a couple times I could tell his posse was hurting, they had that, "what the F is that smell" look on there face. It was so hard not to laugh but I kept the poker face for the good of the hobby. CHEMICAL WARFARE!!! Through out the day when ever I walked by I gassed 'em. Seriously, they were horrible farts.

:lol: hilarious

Members online