Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Made my first MiLB trip!!! Beloit vs Peoria!!! *scan heavy*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Hey Yo! I thought I would share my first trip to a Minor League game. As you may be able to tell by this post, the game is not yet over. :shock: That is part of being a parent I don't like. I took my 2 1/2 year old Maddox to the game. We had a ball, but bedtime called. I would definitely go back and plan on attending other systems games. Being a Cubs fan it was great to see Peoria and the Beloit team also has some future stars!!! Anyways, got to see Rams hit a bomb and here are the goods....

Brett Jackson x2 :D Great kid!!! Fun to talk to!!!
IMG_1040.jpg

DJ LeMahieu
IMG_1039.jpg

Aaron Hicks x3 (1 solo, 1 with Adam Severino & 1 Base Metal)
IMG_1043-1.jpg

IMG_1044-1.jpg

2009-08-03-2049-24.jpg

Danny Rams x2
IMG_1041-1.jpg

2009-08-03-2045-53.jpg

Jon Waltenbury x2
2009-08-03-2048-31.jpg

Billy Bullock '09 2nd Rounder
IMG_1042.jpg

Dominic DeLa Osa & Jeffrey Lanning
IMG_1045.jpg

Ozzie Lewis
IMG_1046.jpg

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Almost forgot to mention the Snapping Turtle mascot that comes out dancing to the TMNT theme song. I haven't heard that in a while and got a good laugh from it.

dodgerchromie

Aug 7, 2008
California
Looks like your first game was a great success! Minor league games are great...the prices and the interaction with players can't be beat.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Come down to Peoria on a Tuesday and catch a game and it is free hot dogs and popcorn.......

TK

They have a similar program in Beloit as well. How is the park in Peoria? The few Cubs players /i met were all awesome to deal with!!!!

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
So how was it getting Auto's there? How many others were trying to do the same when I saw Beloit I was hoping you didn't go there because despite the accessability there are a large number of Graph seekers there and alot of players don't like it.

Congrats on the haul- thats one of the many ways to enjoy MILB

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Exposfan said:
So how was it getting Auto's there? How many others were trying to do the same when I saw Beloit I was hoping you didn't go there because despite the accessability there are a large number of Graph seekers there and alot of players don't like it.

Congrats on the haul- thats one of the many ways to enjoy MILB

There were some really crazy Auto seekers. There were a few guys asking the players to sign a page of "stickers" like the ones placed on certified Autos, but they weren't from any card companies. There were guys there having the players sign stuff for "cut autos" and stacks of cards. I was amazed!!!! I can understand why the players get aggravated. I got a couple of each for my 2 boys and my collection and I felt guilty about asking for that.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Very Nice!!

Just one thing, isn't it quite a risk to get that many OMLB Baseballs signed??

If they dont pan out that is $12 down the tubes.

But all in all, for one night, you did great!

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
imac220 said:
Very Nice!!

They are balls I collect for my boys. Since we are Cubs fans the risk is minimal. I have plenty of Cubs Autos on OMLB's that didn't pan out (Jerome Walton, Damon Berryhill etc) They all mean something to myself as well as my boys.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Great Dealz Rob said:
imac220 said:
Very Nice!!

They are balls I collect for my boys. Since we are Cubs fans the risk is minimal. I have plenty of Cubs Autos on OMLB's that didn't pan out (Jerome Walton, Damon Berryhill etc) They all mean something to myself as well as my boys.

Ah ok, Sounds like fun!