Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this Pujols Buyback Auto Legit or Fake? UPDATE:NEW DRAMA!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Re: Is this Pujols Buyback Auto Legit or Fake?

I kind of question it seeing how there is no Topps seal on the top of the case. Kind of strange to fake a #17/50 though, so you might be OK.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL

Looks like a piece of clear tape is holding the "uncirculated case together" so thats not a good sign.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

Looks like a fake. These buybacks were a bad idea.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008

JEBJJA said:
I didn't send paypal yet for it. What and how can I get out of this without getting penalized?

Well, you can not pay, but you'll then get hit with an NPB strike. But in this case, it may be worth it.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

Send the seller an email saying you know this is a fake and list the reasons given by the previous posters. Tell him you're willing to look the other way and not make a fuss about it if he agrees to cancel the transaction. If he agrees to cancel then notify eBay anyway.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL

kdailey4315 said:
Send the seller an email saying you know this is a fake and list the reasons given by the previous posters. Tell him you're willing to look the other way and not make a fuss about it if he agrees to cancel the transaction. If he agrees to cancel then notify eBay anyway.

Sounds the best way to handle it.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.

That is not the original case the buybacks came in. Unsure if the seller is trying to imply it is, as he never states it's sealed, or even what buyback issue.

That is a case that comes with those card display cases you get from Michaels or similar craft/hobby stores. Wife bought me 2. Holders dont stay shut, display frame is warped....she tried. At least they were on clearance. lol

But if it's not on the Beckett c-list. I'd stay away. Although the Beckett c-list has some innacuracies and they have graded a card that's not in their list.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008

exact reason i have never bought a buyback and never will buy one.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly

I was skeptical after I won the auction. I kind of clicked on the card with 3 minutes left and didn't study it at all before I won it. I wanted to ask the family here. Thanks for the help and will update when happened. He sent me an email thid evening saying if I paid by tomorrow afternoon, he'd give me free shipping....looks like he won't have to ship it anyway.... :lol:

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada

JEBJJA said:
I was skeptical after I won the auction. I kind of clicked on the card with 3 minutes left and didn't study it at all before I won it.

Sounds like that was your problem.
Now your kind of committed, and although I wouldnt pay either, you will probably get a NPB strike.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008

I loved Topps Originals and some of the Bowman Originals but I would not touch any type of high dollar buyback from Topps with a 10 foot pole. There are just too many fakes especially Pujols.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
Re: Is this Pujols Buyback Auto Legit or Fake? BIG UPDATE!!

I sent an email regarding this was a fake and he replied to me and said that he was selling it for a friend and had no idea it was a fake after I told him that I wouldn't report it. He also said that I can be assured that it will be the last time he would sell something for a friend..... :lol: ::facepalm:: .....what a tool that he was an ebay seller and would try this and say he was selling "for a friend"... :shock:

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Re: Is this Pujols Buyback Auto Legit or Fake? BIG UPDATE!!

JEBJJA said:
I sent an email regarding this was a fake and he replied to me and said that he was selling it for a friend and had no idea it was a fake after I told him that I wouldn't report it. He also said that I can be assured that it will be the last time he would sell something for a friend..... :lol: ::facepalm:: .....what a tool that he was an ebay seller and would try this and say he was selling "for a friend"... :shock:
now now if he said you didnt have to pay for it dont go calling him a tool

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
He just emailed me back stating his friend said it was a replacment auto from Topps and I am expected to pay because it I don't, I will get a strike. Well, this auction falls under ITEM NOT DESCRIBED because of the fact it was in the auction as a BUYBACK AUTO (sorry for the caps).....He said he is awaiting my response when he gets home from work....I guess maybe his work is faking auto's and listing them... :x

Members online