Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COLLEGE COLLECTORS - How did you come to collect your team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenclubber

Apr 7, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Just curious. I am sure there are some interesting stories.

I graduated from Purdue. I was a student from 1998-2002 and got to watch Drew Brees and Kyle Orton QB us to some great wins. I miss those days!! It is always nice to go back to Ross Ade Stadium though and see the current students having fun. My son WILL be a Boilermaker :D :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It was a mix of things for me.

1. I'm a Cowboys fan, so Jimmy Johnson coming from coaching there.

2. Vinny Testaverde. We used to tear up the field in Tecmo Super Bowl, plus he QBed my childhood favorite Buccaneers and later my AFC favorite Jets.

3. Warren Sapp.

4. The more I watched, the more I liked as seasons went by.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
I used to hate OSU when I went to Miami University (Ben Roethlisberger and Wally Szerbiak's alma mater); however I was forever converted to a Buckeye fan when they won the national title while I was enrolled in their medical school.

It's hard to keep up the hate for a school that gave me $22 tickets/game for fantastic seats during a season that exciting...although their big games lately have been ruining my holidays.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
i grew up in Columbus and went to Ohio State for 2 years. i had season tickets for Eddie George's Heisman run. I had a chance to meet Eddie and a lot of the other players from that season.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
just graduated from Dental school at Ohio State....

we had some great teams and Players while I was there. Too bad we couldn't ever win the big one.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Grew up going to every Iowa State game. With a player going to the NFL every 3 years or so from the program, it makes it pretty easy to collect. :lol:

joeyV

May 20, 2009
New Orleans
bradical said:
Grew up going to every Iowa State game. With a player going to the NFL every 3 years or so from the program, it makes it pretty easy to collect. :lol:

Join our College group. You will get a lot of Seneca Wallace cards im sure lol

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Grew up 20 mins from Iowa City have had season tickets my whole life family is all Hawkeye fanatics what can i say i bleed black an gold i just wish i could have the Hawks in the college group lol

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Daltonb1219 said:
Grew up 20 mins from Iowa City have had season tickets my whole life family is all Hawkeye fanatics what can i say i bleed black an gold i just wish i could have the Hawks in the college group lol

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully some day you are able to learn from your mistakes.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
bradical said:
Daltonb1219 said:

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully some day you are able to learn from your mistakes.
:lol:

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
bradical said:
Daltonb1219 said:

what mistake ?

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
bradical said:
Daltonb1219 said:
what mistake ?

Being a Hawkeye fan.

oh pssssh dont hate because we are the bes t :twisted: lol an i do recall we beat yall last year an plan on doing the same this year :lol: cant wait till the cy hawk game one of the best every year

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Auburn Fan
-2 cousins started at guard. One blocked by I think Joe Cribbs and William Andrews in the mid 70s. He has a card in that Aubrin football set that came out few years ago. Other one blocked for BO and Lionel Train James in 80s. Went and saw BO play in Sugar Bowl vs Michigan

ND Fan
-Uncle (father of above players) played for ND in late 40s and even had a card in 1952 Bowman (ND uniform) and 1955 Bowman (Wash Redskin uniform)
-Grew up south side Chicago and Catholic so almost destined to be ND fan

Illinios Fan
-Grad of U of I
-They actually were good when I was there and played in Jan 1st bowls on regular basis (Jeff George, Jason Verduzco years). Just couldn't get past Nick Bell and the Iowa Hawkeyes or Michigan and Ty Wheatley. Did see my Illini beat the Buckeyes at the horseshoe where one of my buddies returned a fumble for a 98 yard TD

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
kentuckyderby said:
Auburn Fan
-2 cousins started at guard. One blocked by I think Joe Cribbs and William Andrews in the mid 70s. He has a card in that Aubrin football set that came out few years ago. Other one blocked for BO and Lionel Train James in 80s. Went and saw BO play in Sugar Bowl vs Michigan

ND Fan
-Uncle (father of above players) played for ND in late 40s and even had a card in 1952 Bowman (ND uniform) and 1955 Bowman (Wash Redskin uniform)
-Grew up south side Chicago and Catholic so almost destined to be ND fan

Illinios Fan
-Grad of U of I
-They actually were good when I was there and played in Jan 1st bowls on regular basis (Jeff George, Jason Verduzco years). Just couldn't get past Nick Bell and the Iowa Hawkeyes or Michigan and Ty Wheatley. Did see my Illini beat the Buckeyes at the horseshoe where one of my buddies returned a fumble for a 98 yard TD

Haha Illinois you an my friend would be good friends

Members online