Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vernon Wells Wants The "List" released.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
According to a report in the Toronto Sun & sportsnet.ca, Vernon Wells would like the list of players that tested positive in '03 released.

Feel free to discuss.... If it already has not been discussed enough ;).

Shep :ugeek:

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Good idea. Put it out there for all to see, stop releasing two or three at a time. Once its out there whatever needs to be done or said can happen, then players, teams, and fans can really start to restore some integrity to the game.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
WaxHeaven said:
Big Papi wanted stiffer regulations against cheaters.

That worked out well for him. :lol:

He did say what's in the past is in the past and anyone caught cheating now deserves a 1 year ban. Do your homework.

It's also come out that 8 of the 104 probably failed due to a dietary suplement which contains 19-norandrostenedione which was legal in 2003. The supplement could be purchased over the counter. Not saying Ortiz is one of the 8, but I think we'll find out today or tomorrow what the story is.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I'm torn about releasing the list. No doubt I would love to see who is on it, but is that fair? The only reason they took the drug tests to begin with was because of the promise of anonymity. I know big names have came out from the list so far, but they shouldn't have. No need to punish the rest because superstar names were illegally released.

However, I do not feel bad for those that have had their test results released, as it was there own choices to begin with that eventually led to their names coming out. If they wouldn't have taken PED's, this wouldn't be an issue.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
at this point i couldent care less about the list. from about 97-05 almost every player was taking steroids. It just means you can be supprised buy who took steroids.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I think the playes union would file law suits to block the release of the list.

As a fan of baseball, I want the list released so we can all get over it and move on. This garbage of leaking out the list name by name just draws out the issue and keeps it a hot topic longer. Let's get over it already!

Tom

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Tomlinson21RB said:
WaxHeaven said:

He did say what's in the past is in the past and anyone caught cheating now deserves a 1 year ban. Do your homework.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... penal.html

"I think you clean up the game by the testing," Ortiz said at Red Sox camp in Fort Myers, Fla. "I test you, you test positive, you're going to be out. Period.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
WaxHeaven said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
WaxHeaven said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... penal.html

"I think you clean up the game by the testing," Ortiz said at Red Sox camp in Fort Myers, Fla. "I test you, you test positive, you're going to be out. Period.

Yes, watch the whole interview.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
WaxHeaven said:

He also said in 2004 or 2005 that he and a lot of the dominican players didn't really pay attention in the past to what they took and he had probably taken something illegal along the way.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
beefycheddar said:
WaxHeaven said:

He also said in 2004 or 2005 that he and a lot of the dominican players didn't really pay attention in the past to what they took and he had probably taken something illegal along the way.
And you believe him? He probably was just covering for himself.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
trademhigh said:
beefycheddar said:
WaxHeaven said:

And you believe him? He probably was just covering for himself.

again...

According to the New York Daily News, eight of 104 players on the infamous list "are believed to have tested positive for a dietary supplement that year, rather than for hard-core injectable steroids."

Maybe not him, but it isn't an unreasonable statement by him either.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If arod came out with this fairy tale he would be hung around here, but since the yankee hate slant is steep around here lets give this dope a pass. Can you imagine the topic if Jeter failed this test? I would imagine it wouldn't be such a hey it was the times discussion, but the blindness continues.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I personally think MLB needs to take stance. Even though all of the players on this list were supposedly told they tested positive already, they need to inform ALL of these players again privately. The players should be told what they tested positive for. It will then be the players responsibility to come forward if they so choose and prevent themselves from being blindsided with their name leaking. This will at least prevent this BS situation with Big Papi in the future. Basically giving him days to find a legal supplement that he supposedly took in 2003 that triggered a positive test.

A_Pharis

nyc3 said:
If arod came out with this fairy tale he would be hung around here, but since the yankee hate slant is steep around here lets give this dope a pass. Can you imagine the topic if Jeter failed this test? I would imagine it wouldn't be such a hey it was the times discussion, but the blindness continues.

Yes, everyone hates the Yankees. We get it.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
AndruwHRJones said:
I personally think MLB needs to take stance. Even though all of the players on this list were supposedly told they tested positive already, they need to inform ALL of these players again privately. The players should be told what they tested positive for. It will then be the players responsibility to come forward if they so choose and prevent themselves from being blindsided with their name leaking. This will at least prevent this BS situation with Big Papi in the future. Basically giving him days to find a legal supplement that he supposedly took in 2003 that triggered a positive test.
if jeter failed the test i would say the exact same think as if seth mcclung failed the test. you cant be supprised by anyone. its just what that era was like

Members online