Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

have you seen this card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
image-1.jpg

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Actually, I saw a copy of that card a few years ago in the trunk of a car I came across out west in the desert. Apparently, the car was set on fire despite being filled with sports cards.

Strange but true.....

(Does anyone get the reference?)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Not sure if this was one of them, but several of these did not get made.
He was in the regular set in 07, but oddly did not have the "Rookie" logo on his cards,
despite having myriad other 07 "Rookie" cards.

1of1SS.jpg

1of1-1.jpg

1of1.jpg

I'm guessing this PhotoBucket user would know for sure - 007Shintastic

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
chashawk said:
He was in the regular set in 07, but oddly did not have the "Rookie" logo on his cards,

1of1SS.jpg

1of1-1.jpg

1of1.jpg

That is his bucket.

A_Pharis

muchuckwagon said:
Actually, I saw a copy of that card a few years ago in the trunk of a car I came across out west in the desert. Apparently, the car was set on fire despite being filled with sports cards.

Strange but true.....

The old "found in a truck in a burned out car in the desert" story is referenced so much that I'd be surprised if anyone didn't get it -- even people that weren't on the BMB.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
blitzerlover said:
chashawk said:

1of1SS.jpg

1of1-1.jpg

1of1.jpg

That is his bucket.
::facepalm:: :lol:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
A_Pharis said:
muchuckwagon said:

Strange but true.....

The old "found in a truck in a burned out car in the desert" story is referenced so much that I'd be surprised if anyone didn't get it -- even people that weren't on the BMB.

Odd that I never heard of it...

Whats even more odd is back a few years ago my friends and I were wind surfing in the desert and came across a scrawney kid with arm full of sports cards. He too claimed they came from a burnt out abandoned car...

I mean, what are the odds??

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
A_Pharis said:
There was also one where a kid supposedly found a high name auto'd ball in a ziploc bag in his neighbor's yard. I forget the player.

Heh, I remember that. It was a Mantle or a Ruth iirc... :lol:

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
A_Pharis said:
muchuckwagon said:

Strange but true.....

and I still laugh every time, lol

Members online