Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What a surprise, the Mets blow another for Johan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Johan Santana 57 said:
No words to describe it, they just suck
Hell I was checking the score and see the Cards were down by 1 after the Mets were up by 4
and now I see it is tied. Man that team is plan crap.

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
andyduke86 said:
I'm glad I'm not a Mets fan :lol:

This is true....consider yourself blessed....but please note that when they do win....their parties are bigger than the Yanks. Says this National League fan.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
When I am going to stop watching this garbage they put on the field. I keep holding out for this small piece of hope, and they shatter it every night.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I have a feeling if Reyes is done for the season that they will fire Manuel and Omar and brings in a real GM.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
[quote="Musial Collector":1pimgjbe]Well at least Johan has his $150 million.
I have zero sympathy for him!

Truer words have never been spoken

Says a fan of the team that offered him 4 year / 80 mil[/quote:1pimgjbe]

I was wrong, $137.5 million for 6 years with an option for a 7th year. :oops:

Actually it was an extension of his current contract at the time.
He had 1 year left at $13.25 million.
The Twins offered 4 more years at $20 mil per.
For a small market team like the Twins, you cant fault them for not tagging on another year and $40 million more.
A 5 year deal at $100 million was more than fair for Johan. But he wanted the biggest contract for a pitcher ever and that is what he got (at that time, CC has eclipsed that). And he also is stuck with a ****** team!!! If he stays with the Twins, he has guys like Mauer, Morneau, Cuddyer, Kubel, Crede hopefully protecting the gem that he is throwing that day. Plus he has a pretty damn good closer in Nathan. Just goes to show how greedy players can get.
He is with the Twins last year, he and the Twins are in the playoffs.
He is with the Twins this year, he has a fighting chance to be in the playoffs. The Central is ******* weak!!!
With the Mets, not a shot in hell he gets to the playoffs, yet alone the World Series anytime soon.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Uhh it's not his fault Zito signed for 126 million and set the standard there.

I wish he were on my team the Yanks, so it sucks seeing him rot there as a Met. But you can't tell me he should have taken the offer the Twins gave him when the other markets would give him 40% more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts