Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are these really rare or is someone pulling a fast one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
They're real, and they're spectacular.

Back in the late 80s, blank fronts and blank backs from Topps were almost the norm. Someone went dumpster diving and pulled these out. I'm sure they're real -- far too hard to fake a blank front card.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
They were very common in the "old days", so I would say they're real, although I hope I would never pay money for one...I wouldn't mind having them, though. They absolutely drive me crazy. Every search I do a ton of them come up, so I am always seeing them!

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Yep, what Jeff said. Used to get alot of blank front/back and wrong front/back and sometimes a UD missing hologram. I found them fun to find. I remember one box of Score I bought had alot of them in there.

I've seen BGS grade the blanks and they're not listed in guides as they are really just a printing flaw and any card could have a version like this.

This happened because one of the sheets didnt get loaded in the machine or one side was inserted incorrectly or the sheets were mismatched.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
MartinFFcollector said:
BunchOBull - So would your 1990 Topps be a NNOF?

No
Nothing
On
Front

:D

(actually not proper English, but...)

Works for me...it's the best I've got for now anyway.

As for centering...I think they evaluate the front as a 10 and the back as whatever it is, and weight it accordingly.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
MartinFFcollector said:
BunchOBull - So would your 1990 Topps be a NNOF?

No
Nothing
On
Front

:D

(actually not proper English, but...)

:lol: i guess you could keyword spam it like that on ebay. :D

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
It would be cool if you got a blank front card and got a custom sketch art of that player commissioned for the front

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts