Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Permanent Collection Cards - rate of acquisition

How many cards per month do you buy for your Permanent Collection?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Just curious to see how many cards per month, on average, you purchase that you have no plans to ever resell. Cards you plan on keeping in your Permanent Collection.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I picked 11-25 since I only buy stuff for the perm collection. I would guess that the poll will end up on a very low count since we are very prospect driven.

On a side note you may want to make 0 an option.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
bouwob said:
I picked 11-25 since I only buy stuff for the perm collection. I would guess that the poll will end up on a very low count since we are very prospect driven.

Thanks - meant to do that originally. It reset votes when I did it though - so you may have to re-vote.

I put myself at 6-10. Getting hard to find stuff for my PCs I don't already have.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
Thanks - meant to do that originally. It reset votes when I did it though - so you may have to re-vote.

I put myself at 6-10. Getting hard to find stuff for my PCs I don't already have.

Well its hard to add stuff when you already have everything ;)

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+1

Also prospectors don't usually vote in these types of polls.

bouwob said:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I chose 3-5, which is obviously why I'm losing the pc collection bracket. I just can't justify finding a $.50 single on eBay and paying $2.50-$3 for shipping. I've used Beckett Marketplace to my advantage but even then it gets difficult to find dealers that carry multiple cards to help ease the shipping cost.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
With relic cards getting harder and harder to find for me, I have turned to finishing up my run of Topps sets, and I am not starting to look into getting more into vintage sets. I have thought about starting the 1941 Playball set, but I discovered that I had a stack of about 30-40 1956 Topps, so I might just start that set, should be some fun. Don't ya think?! :)

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
With my want list of certified Pirate autos dwindling, and very few Jack Wilson cards being listed, I add somewhere in the 6-10 range a month, usually on the lower end of that.

If you factor in the addition of Pirate autos TTM, I probably add somewhere closer to 15-20 new cards a month to my PC.

Members online