Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

close the thread please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I can't see McCutchen hitting enough to be in the discussion in the next 6 weeks so I believe it is down to three pitchers:

Happ
Hanson
Randy Wells

Am I missing anyone? I think it is between Happ and Wells but I can see Hanson making some noise, he seems to be in every game he starts.

Happ would get the vote today, followed by Wells then Hanson then McCuthen.

Happ 8-2 ERA 2.73
Wells 8-4 ERA 2.74
Hanson 6-2 3.25

Happ has had way more starts than Hanson and 2 of his wins have come in relief.

Thoughts?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Re: NL ROY canidates ~

Jaypers said:
EricInCT said:
I can't see McCutchen hitting enough to be in the discussion in the next 6 weeks....

I can.

Gerardo Parra has better numbers and with Upton out will have more RBI chances, not a chance for McCutchen.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008

I'm hoping Hanson can post a few strong starts in a row. He was sick for a couple of his starts, and in a few others got absolutely no run support.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

Randy Wells hands down....

The Cubs SCREWED HIM, HARD, And DRY....HIs first 7 starts.

He should have 12 wins EASY

IN his first 6 starts, he won ZERO games, and his earned runs given up were 0, 0, 3, 3, 1, 2.......Thanks Cubs.

11 quality starts out of 16 is pretty ridiculous, along with being the best started on a 1st place team.

skrip

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

ballerskrip said:
Randy Wells hands down....

The Cubs SCREWED HIM, HARD, And DRY....HIs first 7 starts.

He should have 12 wins EASY

IN his first 6 starts, he won ZERO games, and his earned runs given up were 0, 0, 3, 3, 1, 2.......Thanks Cubs.

11 quality starts out of 16 is pretty ridiculous, along with being the best started on a 1st place team.

skrip

I do agree. The gap between Wells and Happ is MUCH smaller than people think......especially if Chicago can make the playoffs.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

EricInCT said:
Jaypers said:
EricInCT said:
I can't see McCutchen hitting enough to be in the discussion in the next 6 weeks....

I can.

Gerardo Parra has better numbers and with Upton out will have more RBI chances, not a chance for McCutchen.

What numbers of Parra's are better? More RBI? Mccutchen has More HR's, a higher average, and double the stolen bases, along with the fact that Parra has 60 more Ab's...

skrip

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY

If you look at the numbers, McCutchen is the NL ROY front runner at this point.

The top 3 to me right now are...

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

Gunning right behind Parra is Latos, who could pitch his way into consideration with some more dominant outings.

Right now, the award is McCutchen's to lose.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

Gunning right behind Parra is Latos, who could pitch his way into consideration with some more dominant outings.

Not sure how you can start the comment with looking at numbers and then put Hanson ahead of wells and happ and actually then list a 4th person before either of them. Happ has been among the best starters in the NL since he went into the starting rotation.

Disclaimer- I'm not even that big of a Happ fan

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

Is Randy Wells not enough of a prospect for your liking?

Hanson is probably 4th or 5th, and Latos IS NOT in the discussion Adam. You know that. Maybe you are WISHING that he is in the discussion, but he is not.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

ballerskrip said:
EricInCT said:
Jaypers said:
EricInCT said:

I can.

What numbers of Parra's are better? More RBI? Mccutchen has More HR's, a higher average, and double the stolen bases, along with the fact that Parra has 60 more Ab's...

skrip

See the problem is if you are going to use "x has more at bats than y" then you might as well bring in Garrett Jones into the discussion. 11 HRs and 20 extra base hits in 1/2 the number of at bats as both McCutchen and Parra......an argument could be made if the season went on for the next 3 months he would be the run away favorite.

Gerardo Parra:

HRs ~ 7
2Bs ~ 11
3Bs ~ 8

RBIs ~ 41
SBs ~ 5

Andrew McCutchen:

HRs ~ 9
2Bs ~ 14
3Bs ~ 5

RBIs ~ 32
SBs ~ 9

Very similar numbers, between the two McCutchen would get the nod now. However, the way Parra is going now and the opportunities to drive in runs in his position in the order barring a huge slump he will have 20+ RBIs than McCutchen.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

This is why people think you're a tool. Maybe try an argument using numbers or something, it works wonders.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

This is why people think you're a tool. Maybe try an argument using numbers or something, it works wonders.

You must be blind then, scroll up. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

You must be blind then, scroll up. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You mean the one where you show parra's stats versus mccutchen and dont point out how similar they are but that parra has about 60 more at bats?

Yeah, i saw those.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

You mean the one where you show parra's stats versus mccutchen and dont point out how similar they are but that parra has about 60 more at bats?

Yeah, i saw those.

Good girl!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="NECpilgrims8":f0x2q2u8]If you look at the numbers, McCutchen is the NL ROY front runner at this point.

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

Yeah, i saw those.

Good girl![/quote:f0x2q2u8]

Thanks.

My wife doesnt watch baseball and wouldnt know a stat if it hit her in the face. Next time I want to see someone debate you I'll ask her to reply so it's a level playing field for you.

;)

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY

EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="NECpilgrims8":1lilgk21]If you look at the numbers, McCutchen is the NL ROY front runner at this point.

1. McCutchen
2. Hanson
3. Parra

Yeah, i saw those.

Good girl![/quote:1lilgk21]

First off, stop being a dick. That's breaking rule #1.

Second, you start these threads to bring up a topic, and really look to put people down that disagree with you. You have done this long enough, so consider this a MOD warning-- your first and last.

Act normal and stop being so condescending towards others. Essentially, you are trolling posts to be a jerk and the next time this happens you will get a timeout, plain and simple.

Back to the topic....

Members online

Latest posts