Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got my results on my David Wright Gold.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iphoner111

Aug 31, 2008
Centering 9.5 Corners 9 Edges 9.5 Surface 9
DavidWright1.jpg

Worth Resubbing?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Yes, that's a no-brainer question.

Resub that puppy ten times if you have to, you'll get that 9.5 for sure.

If you don't someone else will.

Those grades are almost like an open invitation from bgs:

"thank you for your submission, sir, here are your results. If you feel this needs to be evaluated for a grade bump, please resubmit. thanks for the extra $30. If you do this enough times ($200), you may get the grade you desire" ;)

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
While I recommend sending the card in for a bump, not every card that is .5 away has a chance at the next grade. I have seen some gross over-grades that had no chance in hell of getting bumped.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
JVC said:
While I recommend sending the card in for a bump, not every card that is .5 away has a chance at the next grade. I have seen some gross over-grades that had no chance in hell of getting bumped.

I've seen even grosser over grades get bumped to a 10. When you have a human grading, anything is possible.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
Just curious, has anyone ever had any success sub-bumping a card in the case?

IMO - how is that even possible? If the grader can't judge it correctly the first time, you expect the 2nd grader to in the case?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
teachervido said:
Just curious, has anyone ever had any success sub-bumping a card in the case?

IMO - how is that even possible? If the grader can't judge it correctly the first time, you expect the 2nd grader to in the case?

Doesn't that tell you how scientific grading is? There is no grade that can't be overcome with a hundred dollar bill........

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I've actually never attempted a sub bump, but I'm curious as to why you would do it in the old mint 9 case. If I were the grader, I'd look at the grade, figure that my co-worker didn't screw up too much, and move on.

Members online