Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value of unique Pete Rose item?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Autographed, unripped ticket from the game when Rose broke Cobb's hit record

Rose.jpg

I've had this item for a long time and never shown it off here before. Many of you know that I collect HOF autos, and I have always believed that Rose will be in someday. However, the autos I need for my collection are getting more and more expensive, so I've begun to wonder how much this bring at auction. hofautos posting about his impending Cobb purchase made me think about (both because it was Cobb's record that was broken and because I want a Cobb auto).

Any ideas what I could get for it? I most likely will not part with it, but am curious as to the opinions. Thanks.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
My father did some side work for the man who was the Western Hills principal when Pete was in high school...this was the late '70s/early '80s. As a thank you, he gave my father a bunch of antique furniture from the original school, including the desk. There is more to the story, but I forget it all.

I did my homework in the desk everyday until I was 12 or so.

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
Mighty Bombjack said:
Autographed, unripped ticket from the game when Rose broke Cobb's hit record

Rose.jpg

I've had this item for a long time and never shown it off here before. Many of you know that I collect HOF autos, and I have always believed that Rose will be in someday. However, the autos I need for my collection are getting more and more expensive, so I've begun to wonder how much this bring at auction. hofautos posting about his impending Cobb purchase made me think about (both because it was Cobb's record that was broken and because I want a Cobb auto).

Any ideas what I could get for it? I most likely will not part with it, but am curious as to the opinions. Thanks.

This is a really interesting item.....I saw a man get a few tickets auto'd by Rose right in front of me at the show in Chicago, it was a ticket signed by Ray Fosse '70 all star game ticket.....and a ticket from the game where he got into it with Buddy Harrelson as well.....these are very unique but you would be surprised, as it may not be the only one.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
GTJ558 said:
This is a really interesting item.....I saw a man get a few tickets auto'd by Rose right in front of me at the show in Chicago, it was a ticket signed by Ray Fosse '70 all star game ticket.....and a ticket from the game where he got into it with Buddy Harrelson as well.....these are very unique but you would be surprised, as it may not be the only one.

Yeah, probably not the only one, but I imagine there aren't many that are unripped.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Very nice item!

And as some have already said, it would be most dificult to price because it's kinda unique. However, if it were authenticated(as I am sure it could be), I would have to think $500-$1,000 without hesitation. And further more, if an item like that sold for $10,000 - $25,000 I would not as much as blink an eye.

If it were me, I would test the waters and throw it up on e-bay with a $25,000 BIN/BO :eek: and just see what happens. Sure, I might be crazy, but what if....?

Dec 10, 2008
10k-25k is by far the most stupid statement I have heard this month, of anything, not just the hobby. I would be surprised if it passed $100-$150

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Mark McGwire Museum said:
10k-25k is by far the most stupid statement I have heard this month, of anything, not just the hobby. I would be surprised if it passed $100-$150

It breaks $100 no problem....I would pay that if it was in a PSA/DNA slab. I have a few graded tickets (whole) in my collection that I would love to get autographed from some key player milestones!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
Mark McGwire Museum said:

It breaks $100 no problem....I would pay that if it was in a PSA/DNA slab. I have a few graded tickets (whole) in my collection that I would love to get autographed from some key player milestones!

I got it authenticated by PSA/DNA, but didn't slab it. Just have the letter.

sschauer

Aug 7, 2008
Covington, KY
It's unique but honestly not all that rare unripped does make it slightly scarce but not rare seen them go 200-400 range on good days the ticket alone without sig is 75-150 item on a good day. But as we all know Pete is a signing machine and usually adds 50-75 to an items value.

HumbleBob

Aug 2, 2009
It is hard for me to venture a guess. I would think that the game was soldout, especially since it was at home. I would also guess that the reason it was unripped is because it was one of a block that was purchased and the buyer had every intention of selling them as collectables. I would guess that there are many of these tickets out there. Maybe 50 - 100 of them.

However, think how much it costs just to get Pete to sign anything, let alone something from an historic game. With all of this pure conjecture and without any statistical backing, I would guess that it would go for anywhere from $300 - $500. Pure guess just for fun.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the opinions, everyone. I know that Rose signs a lot, but I have no idea how big his collector base is or how deep their pockets are.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
When he was in Chicago Rose was charging about $60 I think for certain items

Interestingly, vendors were selling Rose signed stuff for half that price

I would think an unripped ticket signed by Rose might get couple hundred to a Rose collector but I am far from an expert when it comes to auto'ed items

Members online