Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Razor Exclusive players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
This was likely discussed at the time announcements of the exclusive players were announced but wondering what the thoughts are on these guys now. Do you feel like the Exclusive players autographs are a good investment? If someone you wanted to collect ended up a Razor Exclusive are you buying? Also wondering if a Razor Exclusive player can see the same ceiling as he would if he had a Chrome auto?

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
No on all counts.

So what if a guy turns into a top prospect and breaks out as an oustanding player, plays for a big market team and has no other cards but Razor? People have to buy something right? What else will people get?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
pujolsjunkie said:
No on all counts.

So what if a guy turns into a top prospect and breaks out as an oustanding player, plays for a big market team and has no other cards but Razor? People have to buy something right? What else will people get?

As shown recently with Matusz, the highest ROI came in the form of USA auto's! (& it wasn't close...) But basically I had expected the "On-Card" USA to outperform the "Window/Index-Card" Auto's, but judging by the SV's the buyer's are digging the serial #d USA window auto's (the On-Card had a nice jump but not as high of a return as the index auto's)! :D

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
MallCopKJ said:
pujolsjunkie said:
No on all counts.

As shown recently with Matusz, the highest ROI came in the form of USA auto's! (& it wasn't close...) But basically I had expected the "On-Card" USA to outperform the "Window/Index-Card" Auto's, but judging by the SV's the buyer's are digging the serial #d USA window auto's (the On-Card had a nice jump but not as high of a return as the index auto's)! :D

;) Ok how about guys who didnt play on team USA?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It maybe absurd, but I'd actually wait for the MLBPA rookie-logo card, coming from an established brand i.e. Bowman Chrome [though it could be some other brands], that is autographed.

MallCopKJ said:
pujolsjunkie said:
No on all counts.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If I had to speculate, Brian likely won't be doing any exclusives this year, but will be making cards of 2009 draftees in extremely low quantities instead.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Longshot = a handful of 09 draft exclusives in low quantity mixed in with non-sport stuff?

Razor seems to really embraced the non-sport stuff in the last six months (oval office, inkworks, already had poker, etc)

By including exclusive baseball mixed in with the non sport it might force someone to buy the non sport
That would really really suck for people who don't buy nonsport (I do collect the poker but that's it) but Razor might have to try something like this.
It helps sell the non sport and it still allows Razor to be in the baseball card game

Another option = 09 draft low quantity exclusives mixed in with vintage baseball

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I have said this countless times, the Razor brand name is not well known in the hobby. The drama on this message board created a strong brand awareness that does not exist in the hobby in general. I have spoken to some decent sized dealers/shop owners since Razor was launched and they tend to know very little about the brand or details of individual releases.

I am starting to wonder if the non-baseball releases are actually hurting the value of the baseball product line. The player exclusives were a great way to enter the market. However, Razor seems to spread itself to thin and diluted their brand name with non-baseball related products.....and to be honest, the execution and delivery of the product to the market has not gone as planned at times.

All of these factors have hurt the resale value of their product in the secondary market and I think this will be true for some time to come. Not to mention the fact that the release of the "metal" product line destroyed the value of the initial base autograph release. For now, Razor will continue to be an afterthought and Bowman is "king" when it comes to prospects.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Lars said:
It maybe absurd, but I'd actually wait for the MLBPA rookie-logo card, coming from an established brand i.e. Bowman Chrome [though it could be some other brands], that is autographed.

MallCopKJ said:
pujolsjunkie said:
No on all counts.

I think the rule is that other companies cant produce the Razor Exclusive cards until they are on the Major League roster though, could be a long time. Too long for me lol.

Members online