Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Bowman Chrome

Will You Be Busting Any 2009 Bowman Chrome?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Horrible checklist, and the only good autos have had chromes before. I won't bust this product on principle alone - the possibility of getting one of those Indian rejects as my auto is enough to convince me.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I haven't busted more than a box of Bowman Chrome since 2005...and that probably won't change until I see what happens in 2010.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Nope. Not a single box.

Until Topps get's their head out of their collective asses, they don't get my money.

I have to remember, it's for the kids now, right? ::facepalm::

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
Is Porecello even on the checklist? I see him on the sell sheet but I did not see his name on the checklist anywhere but maybe I just missed it.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Those Hanson autographs are probably going to start out at $100 or more for the base. I'll probably not bust any, but that's a tempting shot at a color refractor there.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
boxbreaker44 said:
Anyone else think the Indian players could bring decent money?

I think they will, because it's such a novelty. I know i'm going to try to get them both unless their base is over $30 or so.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Vagrant said:
Those Hanson autographs are probably going to start out at $100 or more for the base. I'll probably not bust any, but that's a tempting shot at a color refractor there.

I don't know about the base autos, but refractors will easily get 100 or more.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
walter55 said:
Is Porecello even on the checklist? I see him on the sell sheet but I did not see his name on the checklist anywhere but maybe I just missed it.

Porcello is not on that preliminary checklist. One would hope that since he's on the advertising, he'd be in the set. Would also like to see Alex Aviles added, especially now that he's been called up. I don't think I've seen a single card of his.

Probably won't bust more than a box. Will probably just pick up a few Zach Putnam cards for the Michigan part of the PC.

Alex

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
blitzerlover said:
Vagrant said:

I don't know about the base autos, but refractors will easily get 100 or more.

With the 09 Topps Chrome base getting $70-80 delivered out of the gate, it wouldn't shock me to see the Bowman Chrome make a jump to $100. The Topps version could be cooling down as the last sale was for $60 delivered but still.... I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I deliberated on getting a case out of the gate. I settled on 3 boxes up front, and pending the final auto checklist, will probably just scour for singles and parallels.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I have no reason to dedicate any busting time/sorting/supplies to that checklist.

I'll be picking up a player or two but that's it.

NECpilgrims8 said:
Nope. Not a single box.

Until Topps get's their head out of their collective asses, they don't get my money.

I have to remember, it's for the kids now, right? ::facepalm::

Ditto. I love the "for the kids" spin Topps is trying to push. I guess they can fool kids into buying multiple cases of a product if the checklist is sub par and full of repeats.

Topps: Make good products (thoughtful design, on-card autographs, and an outstanding checklist) and EVERYONE will buy.

Latest posts