Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some advice

What do you do?

• Take the quick profit and move the case.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Just bought my first case (BDP) for $640. Got instant cash back from Live, so I have $480 or so into it. Do I sell the case when it comes in for the price I paid and make the quick $160? The breaks I have seen are all solid, but it seems VERY hard to make $ back on these unless I pull a big gun.

What would you do?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Ian Stewart said:
Just bought my first case (BDP) for $640. Got instant cash back from Live, so I have $480 or so into it. Do I sell the case when it comes in for the price I paid and make the quick $160? The breaks I have seen are all solid, but it seems VERY hard to make $ back on these unless I pull a big gun.

What would you do?

I have been considering doing the same. However, I have a little concern....Live talks about purchases for consumption and not resale. I wonder if they will deny cash back if you buy and sell the same item on an ebay account....just a thought.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
Ian Stewart said:

What would you do?

I have been considering doing the same. However, I have a little concern....Live talks about purchases for consumption and not resale. I wonder if they will deny cash back if you buy and sell the same item on an ebay account....just a thought.

What if they already sent us an instant cash back? I doubt they could go into our accounts and take them away.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Ian Stewart said:
What if they already sent us an instant cash back? I doubt they could go into our accounts and take them away.

Yes......

"Microsoft may disqualify transactions, seek return of previously paid cashback rewards, refuse redemptions and/or close your account at any time if you participate in any fraud or abuse relating to the service (including conducting "sham" transactions or otherwise colluding with merchants), make any misrepresentation in connection with your participation in the service or do not comply with this contract."

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
Ian Stewart said:

Yes......

"Microsoft may disqualify transactions, seek return of previously paid cashback rewards, refuse redemptions and/or close your account at any time if you participate in any fraud or abuse relating to the service (including conducting "sham" transactions or otherwise colluding with merchants), make any misrepresentation in connection with your participation in the service or do not comply with this contract."

Oh wow. How can they prove a case you list on eBay is indeed the one you bought though? I think it's fine to relist.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I think you should have a contest to give away the case. I'll change my answer during the contest ,so I'm guaranteed to win it. Then I'll harass you in everyone of your future post asking where my case is.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Ian Stewart said:
Oh wow. How can they prove a case you list on eBay is indeed the one you bought though? I think it's fine to relist.

Don't know....but I hate to lose the cash back. Not saying it will happen but something to consider....however unlikely.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I think you should have a contest to give away the case. I'll change my answer during the contest ,so I'm guaranteed to win it. Then I'll harass you in everyone of your future post asking where my case is.

If you weren't such an idiot and replied in the first place, you could have avoided this mess.

Just because you are cheap and don't want to give away a Quentin, doesn't mean you need to accuse me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts