Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is tomorrow make or break for Buchholz in Boston?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I cant take another stinker from this guy. The Red Sox need him to come up big and pitch into AT LEAST the 6th inning and probably more. If he goes out and gives up 7 runs in 3.1 innings Im done with him. :twisted:

Anyone else think this is going to be a turning point in his career in Boston? It will go a long way for him to pitch well but bring him even further down if he stinks up the joint.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Re: Is tomorrow make or break for Buchholz?

MallCopKJ said:
I cant take another stinker from this guy. The Red Sox need him to come up big and pitch into AT LEAST the 6th inning and probably more. If he goes out and gives up 7 runs in 3.1 innings Im done with him. :twisted:

Anyone else think this is going to be a turning point in his career in Boston? It will go a long way for him to pitch well but bring him even further down if he stinks up the joint.

I hope he sucks and the Sox deal him to a team where he can thrive. He needs to get away from that fanbase.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008

pujolsjunkie said:
MallCopKJ said:

I hope he sucks and the Sox deal him to a team where he can thrive. He needs to get away from that fanbase.

I think its more of him not being able to get a Major League hitter out than it is the fans though. The guy dominates Minor Leaguers but cant win in the Major Leagues. Apparently hes comfortable in Boston as hes actually dont really well pitching in Fenway its the road games that hes sucked in.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

Should have dealt him and a majority of the other overrated prospects for Halladay.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008

thefasterblade said:
Should have dealt him and a majority of the other overrated prospects for Halladay.

Apparently JP Richardi wasnt even that high on Buchholz in the first place. Whos overrated from the Red Sox system right now though (besides Lars Anderson?).

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I would have basically parted with any of them to get Halladay. I believe in Westmoreland, but I wouldn't let him stop me from getting Halladay.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Yea.

I heard if he doesnt throw 7 scoreless innings the Red Sox will cut him and email all teams in the MLB and tell them not to pick him up cuz he wears superman underwear to bed still. He will be shunned by the league and his whole career is riding on 1 start... in Aug... of 2009... with little MLB experience.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Yea.

I heard if he doesnt throw 7 scoreless innings the Red Sox will cut him and email all teams in the MLB and tell them not to pick him up cuz he wears superman underwear to bed still. He will be shunned by the league and his whole career is riding on 1 start... in Aug... of 2009... with little MLB experience.

Obviously, if he gets shelled tomorrow its clear to anyone and everyone that he cant win with the Red Sox. Theres no reason he should be 7-2 with an ERA hovering around 2 with the Triple A team but have an ERA over 6 with the MLB club. Hes 25 years old now and at some point you either turn into the pitcher people say your going to be or move on. 6-11 with a 5.64 in 3 years isnt cutting it for one of the biggest market teams in the sport. Where do you think they are willing to draw the line on him?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
No, ONLY because it is against the Yankees. Maybe the start after though...

When is Wake comming back?? :(

Members online

Latest posts