Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 BDP Case Busted-PRICES NOW INCLUDED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
A buddy of mine busted a case of Draft tonight and I was fortunate enough to snag these from him:

***EDIT***
We had to wait until Beckett prices came out before we could settle (his idea). This is what I paid for the following

Jesus Montero-$20
Jesus Montero X-Fractor-$32
Michael Inoa Redemptions-$12
Michael Stanton Base-$24
Michael Stanton X-Fractor-$40
Buster Posey Refractor-$40
Gordon Beckham-$24
Madison Bumgarner AFLAC-$48

I also nabbed the following for less than $25:

(3) Logan Schafer Chrome
(3) Rick Porcello Chrome
(2) Rick Porcello Gold
(5) Rick Porcello Base
(3) Will Inman Chrome
(2) Will Inman Gold
(5) Will Inman Base
(3) Nick Romero Chrome
(1) Nick Romero Blue
(1) Nick Romero Gold
(4) Nick Romero Base
(3) Taylor Teagarden Chrome
(2) Taylor Teagarden Gold
(1) Taylor Teagarden Base

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Re: 2008 BDP Case Busted

So basically you paid him for the case & then some (seeing that you have all of his "big" hit's)? :lol:

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

we haven't settled on anything yet.........we both agreed to how it would be settled, and no, i will NOT be paying him the price he paid for his case.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

rob167 said:
we haven't settled on anything yet.........we both agreed to how it would be settled, and no, i will NOT be paying him the price he paid for his case.

I don't get it, given what you received what does he even have left? How could this deal possibly benefit him?

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

JEA2880-i have absolutely no reason to lie, and don't care if anyone believes me or not. for whatever reason, this guy busts a ton and always has blow-out sales. he is the same person i made the following trade with:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15296&start=0

i thought i did pretty well in that deal, as did the majority of folks who commented.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee

rob167 said:
JEA2880-i have absolutely no reason to lie, and don't care if anyone believes me or not. for whatever reason, this guy busts a ton and always has blow-out sales. he is the same person i made the following trade with:

I don't think anyone was calling you a liar, people are just stating how it looks as if he traded away the cream of the crop from his case and if he didn't charge you the full price of his case it would be a bad deal for him (assuming he didn't have anything as nice as what you got left over).

Wes

OG
Administrator

caseya10781 said:
rob167 said:

I don't think anyone was calling you a liar, people are just stating how it looks as if he traded away the cream of the crop from his case and if he didn't charge you the full price of his case it would be a bad deal for him (assuming he didn't have anything as nice as what you got left over).

Agreed you truthfulness is not in doubt, its the reasoning for this so called blowout sale.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

LLWesMan said:
caseya10781 said:
rob167 said:

Agreed you truthfulness is not in doubt, its the reasoning for this so called blowout sale.

Correct. The post was more about wondering what the hell the other guy is thinking, haha. When I read deals like that, I can't help but scratch my head.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

sorry for thinking that some were doubting the transaction. it is hard to deciper "how" things are meant to be taken without hearing how they are said.

as for the deal, and why i think i will be in these cards for less than the price of a case, he wants to wait until this thing called "book" comes out. he says once things are priced in beckett, he will charge me 40% of high book value.

to me, this is a no-brainer as i truly feel the cards will book very close to what they are currently selling for. i may be wrong, but i was definitely willing to take the gamble.

i still can't believe the trade he made with me (see link in one of my above posts) and hope/think this deal will be even better. :)

Wes

OG
Administrator

rob167 said:
sorry for thinking that some were doubting the transaction. it is hard to deciper "how" things are meant to be taken without hearing how they are said.

as for the deal, and why i think i will be in these cards for less than the price of a case, he wants to wait until this thing called "book" comes out. he says once things are priced in beckett, he will charge me 40% of high book value.

to me, this is a no-brainer as i truly feel the cards will book very close to what they are currently selling for. i may be wrong, but i was definitely willing to take the gamble.

i still can't believe the trade he made with me (see link in one of my above posts) and hope/think this deal will be even better. :)

Yeah I'd agree that is a no brainer. Especially with chromes recently they tend to set BV at about 110-130% of SV.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Updated with prices paid......I think I did pretty well. Some may be higher than eBay, some less, but they can be averaged out differently to get prices a little better for all.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
rob167 said:
Updated with prices paid......I think I did pretty well. Some may be higher than eBay, some less, but they can be averaged out differently to get prices a little better for all.

Are you moving any of it? If so, LMK by PM...thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts