Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about phtobucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I used it a long time ago, and it was a pain, so I just have been using my own website. I see they have made a lot of improvements on it for uploading and moving pics around, but before I recommit to using it again, can you tell me....

You used to have restrictions as far as how many pics could be looked at before you got bandwidth utilization warnings where you couldnt even see your pictures anymore...they wanted people to pay for the service so limited the free bandwidth.

Do they still do that??

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Yes. You get 25GB per month of free bandwidth.

To put that in perspective, in the last two weeks I've had about 16,000 views of any image. My bandwidth is at just under 1 GB or about 3% of the max.

To put it another way, your Censeco sig picture is about 35 KB (edit), pretty typical for a card file on the web.
That picture (or a similarly sized file) would need to be viewed about 715,000 times in a month before you reached your limit. That is about 25,000 views a day.
I know you like to show off your cards, but that seems like an ample amount. But maybe I underestimate the views you get on your files.

If you did want to upgrade to unlimited it would be $3.95 a month.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
thanks given.

yea, they must have upped the bandwidth since years ago then.
PS you said the canseco was 35mb, i think you meant 35Kb (grin)...

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
hofautos said:
PS you said the canseco was 35mb, i think you meant 35Kb (grin)...

You're right, I did mean that. But I did the math for kilobytes so it doesn't change. :)

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
The paid service isn't a bad deal, either. Aside from unlimited bandwidth, all of the ads are removed. A couple of months ago, there was a banner ad on PB that triggered some malicious code when you hovered over it. This did not affect the paid (i.e. banner-less) accounts.

Members online

Latest posts