Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jordan Zimmerman to visit Dr. James Andrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Well this isn't good...

According to interim general manager Mike Rizzo, the results of the MRI on Jordan Zimmermann's ailing right elbow will be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Not good. The team decided to get the renowned orthopedist's opinion after an MRI on his right elbow raised some concern. Before going on the disabled list at the end of July, Zimmermann had put together a fine rookie season, going 3-5 with a 4.63 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 9.1 K/9. Hopefully it's a false alarm.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Well this isn't good...

According to interim general manager Mike Rizzo, the results of the MRI on Jordan Zimmermann's ailing right elbow will be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Not good. The team decided to get the renowned orthopedist's opinion after an MRI on his right elbow raised some concern. Before going on the disabled list at the end of July, Zimmermann had put together a fine rookie season, going 3-5 with a 4.63 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 9.1 K/9. Hopefully it's a false alarm.

When Dr. Andrews passes away, what are these guys going to do? It's as if there's no one else in the world that can diagnose an elbow problem accurately.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
AKA Coastal said:
Well this isn't good...

When Dr. Andrews passes away, what are these guys going to do?
It's as if there's no one else in the world that can diagnose an elbow problem accurately.

The second best elbow doctor in the world will become the best and they will go to him, I guess.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
not good.

Dr. James Andrews has recommended Tommy John surgery to repair Jordan Zimmermann's ailing right elbow.
Dr. Andrews reviewed a set of MRI results on Monday and gave the suggestion. Zimmermann might seek another opinion, but Andrews is the best in the business and probably has it right. It's a tough blow to the Nationals, who may be without the promising young pitcher for the entire 2010 season. The 23-year-old was 3-5 with a 4.63 ERA in 16 starts this year.
Source: Associated Press

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Damn this sucks. I was really hoping he would pull through and have a great end to the season, perhaps winning 1 of his last 10-12 starts. LOL Oh well. Good luck Z! Get better! I guess I gotta go pull for that other Zimmy guy now.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
It's the Dr. James Andrews group. He just happens to be the name on the practice. I'm sure he has his people do the examination, then he comes in and makes the final decision, just like any other doctor's practice.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
blanning71 said:
Damn this sucks. I was really hoping he would pull through and have a great end to the season, perhaps winning 1 of his last 10-12 starts. LOL Oh well. Good luck Z! Get better! I guess I gotta go pull for that other Zimmy guy now.
well now wouldn't be a bad time to pick up some Jordan Zimmermann cards. this kills me as a nats fan

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
That hurts my fantasy team. I was hoping he would break out next year. My team sucks so much he has pretty much been my #2 all year.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
blanning71 said:
Wait, there's a Nats fan on here other than me? When the hell did this happen?
lol when i first joined i thought i was the only nats fan. they are the local team for me so hard not to cheer for them.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
blanning71 said:
jeff550 said:
blanning71 said:
lol when i first joined i thought i was the only nats fan. they are the local team for me so hard not to cheer for them.

Well good to know! Maybe we can exchange notes about them! LOL
i thought we had hope to be good next year. but then this happens. i was gonna try and collect ryan zimmerman and then i saw your collection and said i will collect someone else :lol: :lol: :lol: . you have a sweet collection

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
jeff550 said:
blanning71 said:
jeff550 said:
blanning71 said:

i thought we had hope to be good next year. but then this happens. i was gonna try and collect ryan zimmerman and then i saw your collection and said i will collect someone else :lol: :lol: :lol: . you have a sweet collection

Its alright. Nothing too huge. I can't possibly get all of the good stuff nor do I try. Jump in and we can swap cards back and forth!

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
rookies_plus said:
FML - Right after I pulll his blue ref auto. We pitched in the NW league were I went to college and thats were he got noticed.
how much do you want for the blue auto?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
and this is why you don't invest in pitchers much. I usually sell off my pitchers except for Felix Hernandez.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
blanning71 said:
jeff550 said:
blanning71 said:
jeff550 said:
blanning71 said:

Its alright. Nothing too huge. I can't possibly get all of the good stuff nor do I try. Jump in and we can swap cards back and forth!
nothing to high end on the bay yet. other than the overpriced orange refractor auto in stores. would love to get the super if i can find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts