Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Patrick Kane arrested?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Probably just a fake claim made up by the cabbie when he realized Kane was rich and famous.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
andyduke86 said:
Probably just a fake claim made up by the cabbie when he realized Kane was rich and famous.

My gut tells me that's exactly what this is all about. The cabbie probably hoping to settle out of court for a few hundred k. People in todays society are real scumbags sometimes.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Cabbies regularly tell customers they have no change, even if you give them a hundred and it's a 40.00 fare. Yes, I'm painting w/ broad strokes but time will tell on this one.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Wow you guys are really giving this ***** the benefit of the doubt! How can you immediately dismiss the cab driver's claim? How about I paint you the likely scenario...

- Kane and his cousin go out, get hammered, need to take a cab home.
- They give the cab driver $15, the fare is $14.80, they decide to be tough guys and demand their change, or cuss him out saying he went the wrong day and tried to rip them off, so they refuse to give a tip.
- Cab driver says he doesn't have the $0.20 (why would he, I've never asked for coins back from my cabbie) and in a drunken rage they decide to sucker punch him, grab their money, curse at him and run away.

I don't know much about his past, but seeing that he's a former #1 overall pick 2 years ago, it's likely people have been kissing his ass his whole life. He's an arrogant ass who decides his s**t doesn't stink and can get away with anything, because hey, so far in his life he's been able to.

And to all of you nay-sayers who claim the cab driver decided to fabricate this entire story, how did his face get cut up? He somehow recognizes this nondescript hockey player in his cab and decides he'll really pull a fast one, bash his own face, break his glasses, and then sue him? What a joke, you guys should re-evaluate how you feel about athletes in major sports...

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
I love how people immediately think an athlete MUST have committed a crime anytime someone accuses them. I guess scratches on the cabbies face...that MUST be because Kane hit him. This story is simply too ridiculous to believe. Either way, people are innocent until proven guilty...unless you are famous.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
andyduke86 said:
I love how people immediately think an athlete MUST have committed a crime anytime someone accuses them. I guess scratches on the cabbies face...that MUST be because Kane hit him. This story is simply too ridiculous to believe. Either way, people are innocent until proven guilty...unless you are famous.
You get people saying "No way in hell ________ did that" just as often as people who jump and say they did.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
JEA2880 said:
Wow you guys are really giving this ***** the benefit of the doubt! How can you immediately dismiss the cab driver's claim? How about I paint you the likely scenario...

- Kane and his cousin go out, get hammered, need to take a cab home.
- They give the cab driver $15, the fare is $14.80, they decide to be tough guys and demand their change, or cuss him out saying he went the wrong day and tried to rip them off, so they refuse to give a tip.
- Cab driver says he doesn't have the $0.20 (why would he, I've never asked for coins back from my cabbie) and in a drunken rage they decide to sucker punch him, grab their money, curse at him and run away.

I don't know much about his past, but seeing that he's a former #1 overall pick 2 years ago, it's likely people have been kissing his ass his whole life. He's an arrogant ass who decides his s**t doesn't stink and can get away with anything, because hey, so far in his life he's been able to.

And to all of you nay-sayers who claim the cab driver decided to fabricate this entire story, how did his face get cut up? He somehow recognizes this nondescript hockey player in his cab and decides he'll really pull a fast one, bash his own face, break his glasses, and then sue him? What a joke, you guys should re-evaluate how you feel about athletes in major sports...

Pretty hate filled, obsenity laced post from someone who knows Kane personally about as much as the rest of us...not at all and admits he knows little of Kanes past. Yet, he's a drunk, a ***** and an arrogant ass.

1st, you clearly need to heed your own advice when you say "you guys should re-evaluate how you feel about athletes in major sports". Few are perfect, few are angels but not all are pricks as you called Kane.

2nd, in a society where sexual encounters turn to claims of rape and the woman is clearly seeking a huge payday (ie Roethlisberger case, Kobe case and MANY more throughout the last few decades) most of us older, less gullable fans see things for what they are. People in this world see a sports figure and more often than not try to figure out a way to get money from them. It's the world we live in.

Am I saying Kane is 100% innocent? No. I wasn't there. But either were you. Neither of us will know the entire truth. But your malice towards a 20 yr old athlete that you have little to no knowledge of and even less personal knowledge of is pretty classless.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wow, i just heard this story, shocking to say the least. Charged with 2nd degree robbery, a felony :shock: :shock: :shock:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I don't know the whole story... so I am not going to bash or say Kane is a saint, All I am going to say is this whole situation is sad.... either way it goes.

Shep :ugeek:

Latest posts