Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Man, this sucks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
This past Sunday I purchased a Madison Bumgarner Xfractor BGS 9.5 off ebay for 38.25 dlvd. A few days afterwards, one sold for $45 dlvd. At that time I believe my card was already shipped (as per the DC number). So I'm not worried about him keeping the card from me for this reason. I am also ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE that the card is going to show up in my mailbox because the seller has some 3600+ positive feedback. His feedback is 100% positive, which is reassuring. For this reason, I decide that it is okay to make a post on FCB showing my buy of the little cheer-me-up present the day I bought it. Yesterday, an email shows up saying the guy sent me the wrong card and that he will refund my postage because I need to send him the card back. He apparently doesn't know at the moment where the card is and whose house that card is bound for. I have had good luck and have made several transactions in the past with several people, NONE of which have scammed me, so I'm hoping this turns out okay.

I just don't know how to handle this. Should I ask for a chargeback? Leave a neg? Leave a neutral and explain? Assuming I get my card, what type of feedback do I leave?

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I am just seriously frustrated. I thought my card would come already, MY CARD. Oh no no no, MY CARD is headed to NOT MY house!
/rant

Thanks for reading guys.
Anthony

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Unless I read this wrong, he sent you a card, but perhaps not your card ?

I'd just wait to see what you receive. You have to wait 10 days for a paypal claim, so lets see what you get. Hopefully it will be a BGS 10 verse the 9.5...lol...

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Sounds like he just made a shipping error, no big deal.

I sold off a lot of stuff the past couple of weeks and got an EEE and Threads Dominic Brown cards reversed. I sent the winner of the EEE the Threads and vice versa. They were both cool with it and kept the cards I sent them... I refunded the guy that got the threads auto the difference from what the EEE auto ended at (the one he actually won).

You'll probably get your card in a couple of days.

Casey

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
gregbara said:
Unless I read this wrong, he sent you a card, but perhaps not your card ?

I'd just wait to see what you receive. You have to wait 10 days for a paypal claim, so lets see what you get. Hopefully it will be a BGS 10 verse the 9.5...lol...

I wish. He asked for me to return the card to his house and he would try to get it worked out...whatever. I'll bet the dude who got/is getting my card is jumping for joy when he opens up MY card.

Anthony

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
So, you're worried you might be getting scammed because you bought a card at one price when another copy sold for $7 more a few days later? That's pretty paranoid. Just wait and see what arrives.

People make mistakes. I've made that same mistake when I sold a large number of things one week. I sent out a couple cards to someone and he didn't even notice they were the wrong cards. Everything worked out fine in the end.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
The thing I'd be worried about is the buyer that received the card you were supposed to receive, as that is going to be the deciding factor as to if you get your card or not (if that person keeps it, you have no shot at getting it). Good Luck man, Dave. :D

Members online

Latest posts