Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there a set formula...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
...from a gold refractor standpoint, as to what a 1/1 refractor should go for (assuming there are no oranges /25 or reds /5 in existence -- say, 2004 BCDP)?

i.e. if a gold goes for $75, should a 1/1 go for $250, $500, $750...?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Obviously there can not be a set formula, and perhaps rightfully so. However, on common types I would expect to see around 2x - 4x the gold standard for a super and the sky is the limit when dealing with mid to upper range caliber players. However, when dealing with top notch prospects who's paralells are already commanding a sky high premium, I would suspect 5x - 10x to be the norm.

Even so, this is just my rough calculation(s) on a non-calculable topic.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
depends on the player really...I wish the system was a bit more consistent but unfortunately everyone has a different multiplier for refractors, xfractors, blues, golds, 1/1s.....Everyone is somewhat close but nobody is the same

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Lou Marson and JA Happ red refractors 1/1-- 2004 Bowman Chrome Draft? I guess I gotta hold on to the Marson for a while, but I'm curious as to your opinion should I let the Happ run wild on auction.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Jeff N. said:
Lou Marson and JA Happ red refractors 1/1-- 2004 Bowman Chrome Draft? I guess I gotta hold on to the Marson for a while, but I'm curious as to your opinion should I let the Happ run wild on auction.

I could see someone paying $500-700 for Happ now. I would still go BIN with BO.

For Marson, it's a little harder to say. The market might be a little soft for him, so you might have to consider letting it go for $200, but you might be able to squeeze $300 out of it. For me, I wouldn't part with it for $200 but you might be wanting to use that for the next Phillies prospect.

d

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
leatherman said:
Jeff N. said:

I could see someone paying $500-700 for Happ now. I would still go BIN with BO.

For Marson, it's a little harder to say. The market might be a little soft for him, so you might have to consider letting it go for $200, but you might be able to squeeze $300 out of it. For me, I wouldn't part with it for $200 but you might be wanting to use that for the next Phillies prospect.

d

Nah, I'm done. Not buying anymore. Last guy I bought anything of was Knapp and I just don't have the love or time anymore to do this... sold just about everything off, JA's recent run has allowed me to eliminate most of my Happ collection. I had the red ref up at $599 with a BIN w/ BO for a while with not even an offer. May need to put it back up and see what happens.

Latest posts