Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just printed my first PayPal shipping label, question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I finally made the switch to PayPal shipping because I am tired of waiting in line at the PO. I am confused about the Delivery Confirmation aspect, though. Wouldn't you still have to take the package to the PO and have them scan it so the DC shows up online? If this is the case then using PP shipping doesn't really eliminate my impatient self waiting in line at the PO. Can anyone help me on this?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Drop it in the mail and don't worry about it. It'll be scanned during the sorting process at some point--at least that's how I understand it.

EDIT: Congrats on crossing over. Printing postage online is the only way to go in my opinion.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Nope! Just print it out and put in a mailbox or drop it off. They dont have to scan it. I'm so glad I switched, it's SO much more convenient.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Nikobaseball said:
Nope! Just print it out and put in a mailbox or drop it off. They dont have to scan it. I'm so glad I switched, it's SO much more convenient.

And cheaper!

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Thanks guys, just seems to good to be true for some reason.
Also, is there a way to change the service it is shipped with in PayPal? The only options I see are Express Mail, Priority Mail, First Class Parcel, Media mail, and Parcel Post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't our cards First Class Large Envelope? I just dont want to pay $1.39+.19 (DC) on a $3.74 item.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
DC is not "in-transit" tracking. It is just what its called "Delivery Confirmation." It is designed to show when it is delivered. They have, over the last year or so, started showing each stop along the way, like each sorting stop, but not always. The main idea is to show that it is Delivered, not Shipped.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ballerskrip said:
This is the only choice bud, at least as far as I know...

I just dont want to pay $1.39+.19 (DC) on a $3.74 item.
+1

Also too don't worry about weighing anything, I get packages all the time with 10-20 cards in them and the weight on the label is one ounce.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
ballerskrip said:
This is the only choice bud, at least as far as I know...

I just dont want to pay $1.39+.19 (DC) on a $3.74 item.

10-4 on that. I simply put an 88 cent stamp (single card w/top-load, non-rigid large envelope rate) on my bubble mailer and away it goes. If the buyer claims he didn't get his $3.74 item then the refund won't kill me. Hasn't happened yet out of thousands of mailers sent. No waiting in line at the PO either. The APC available 24 hours (think ATM for postage) takes care of everything aside from registered, signature confirmation, and international shipping.

OK guys I'll jump in ::facepalm::

I still do it the old way. Green Delivery Confirmation slip, go to the PO, wait, pay extra, etc....

If I wanted to ship through PayPal.
I would need to buy a cheap postage scale correct? (staples).
Can I print the label w/ DC on to regular paper and just tape it to the bubble envelope or do I have to buy stickers and print on them? The reason I never changed over is because I am not that computer savy. Any help or guidance would be appreciated! :D
Thanks
Joe

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
OK guys I'll jump in ::facepalm::

I still do it the old way. Green Delivery Confirmation slip, go to the PO, wait, pay extra, etc....

If I wanted to ship through PayPal.
I would need to buy a cheap postage scale correct? (staples).
Can I print the label w/ DC on to regular paper and just tape it to the bubble envelope or do I have to buy stickers and print on them? The reason I never changed over is because I am not that computer savy. Any help or guidance would be appreciated! :D
Thanks
Joe

You don't really need a scale for paypal shipping. They aren't really picky on the weight. I just estimate the weight when I send (One ounce for 1-2 cards, 2 ounces for 3-5, etc.). As Eric said, the PO really doesn't check or maybe even care.

I also use regular printing paper. Stickers might be more efficient than taping the paper, in terms of maybe saving time, but it works just as well.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Couple things, I always put 3 ozs on the label just to be safe for a card in a sleeve and toploader. Don't want the negative if it shows up to the wrong guy with postage due on it

other thing is I also have a UPS account at home and at work. They will send you 500ct packs of inkjet/ laser labels for free along with boxes and other supplies. You can order a case of labels from them and they'll think nothing of it. Well worth taking the few minutes to sign up for a UPS account.

Those labels work perfect on my paypal/USPS shipping too.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
cgilmo said:
if you wanted to this right and easy with no label waste

Dymo 330 Turbo with 99019 labels works beautifully

I am moving to this solution to help me ship stuff faster.

I'm not really worried about waste...office printer and ink :)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Ok, when I print out my label, here is what I do so I get a small label to put on the small bubble mailers..

Highlite the printer and select preferences..

print-1.jpg

Then select the "Effects" tab and change the size to 70% (bottom left corner)

print-2.jpg

When I print the page I change the page range (bottom left again) to "Pages = 1".. then I don't get the 2nd page which is a receipt.. (you can get one anytime later from paypal..

print3.jpg

I use the 2 page labels cut in half.. I trim off the part I don't need and use them on mailers I send without using paypal.. (I hate writing on lumpy bubble mailers)

Here is what they look like on the small bubble mailers..

small-label.jpg

Good luck,