Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

7 Days...6 Training Camps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
Technically it was 6 in 6 since i took a day off to recooperate once i got home, but here's my story/review of the 6 camps I attended this year.

First, we started in Atlanta's camp in Flowery Branch.

Saturday had 2 practices. As we made our way to the field, there was a sign on the merch trailer saying that the running backs would be signing for 15 minutes after practice. We decied to take our chances with whoever was signing on the field(since Ryan is the main goal). We set up our chairs and watched practice, and once it was over the whole d line comes over to sign. I end up with 9 of the 10 guys that were signing, only missing John Abraham.

We go check into the hotel and come back for the second practice and the sign on the merch trailer says Matt Ryan, Chris Redman, DJ Shockley and John Parker Wilson. So with a guarnteed Matt Ryan, we start the line before practice starts. Plus with this set up, being first allows us time to get the people on the field as well. Once practice is over, the tight ends start walking over to the crowd. So once i get Ryan, i head down to try to get Gonzalez. There was a huge crowd going after him so I chose to get as many of the others I could.

I ended up with 19 autos on my helmet after day 1.

Sunday morning we go back but it starts to rain a little. Security tells the crowd that even a drizzle was considered enough to move practice indoors, which means no public. We figure its better to not have our stuff out in the rain and risk damage, plus the Falcons come to Tampa so we knew we would have more chances at the rest of the team.

falconstc09a.jpg
falconstc09b.jpg
falconstc09c.jpg
falconstc09d.jpg
falconstc09e.jpg
falconstc09f.jpg
falconstc09g.jpg
falconstc09h.jpg
falconstc09i.jpg
falconstc09j.jpg
falconstc09k.jpg
falconstc09l.jpg

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
the pictures didnt seem to turn out too well so i will have to take some better ones, but here is my Atlanta Falcons full size helmet

atlantafalconsfullsizeleftside8-7-0.jpg
atlantafalconsfullsizemattryanclose.jpg
atlantafalconsfullsizerightside8-7-.jpg

signed by :

1 Jason Elam
2 Matt Ryan
3 D.J. Shockley
4 John Parker Wilson
8 Chris Redman
48 Robert Shiver
64 Maurice Lucas
71 Kroy Biermann
82 Keith Zinger
85 Jason Rader
87 Justin Peelle
89 Ben Hartsock
90 Lawrence Sidbury
92 Chauncey Davis
94 Peria Jerry
95 Jonathan Babineaux
97 Trey Lewis
98 Jamaal Anderson
99 Jason Jefferson

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
the1mcjensen said:
the pictures didnt seem to turn out too well so i will have to take some better ones, but here is my Atlanta Falcons full size helmet

atlantafalconsfullsizeleftside8-7-0.jpg
atlantafalconsfullsizemattryanclose.jpg
atlantafalconsfullsizerightside8-7-.jpg

signed by :

1 Jason Elam
2 Matt Ryan
3 D.J. Shockley
4 John Parker Wilson
8 Chris Redman
48 Robert Shiver
64 Maurice Lucas
71 Kroy Biermann
82 Keith Zinger
85 Jason Rader
87 Justin Peelle
89 Ben Hartsock
90 Lawrence Sidbury
92 Chauncey Davis
94 Peria Jerry
95 Jonathan Babineaux
97 Trey Lewis
98 Jamaal Anderson
99 Jason Jefferson
nice thats the best part about traning camp

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
So, because of the rain, we check the schedule and see that our next destination, Bengals camp, has an afternoon practice that we will be able to make. We hit the road on the way to Georgetown, Kentucky and arrive just after practice started. Once practice is over, they let you down to the fence to get autographs from whoever is signing. Did pretty decent and it turned out to be a good decision as some of the players we got didn't sign after practice the next morning.

There was a plane flying above pulling a banner that read, $458,000,000 to build PBS = 0 playoff wins!

The next morning we get there real early and we see the players walking from their dorm to the locker room so we go down to try and get some autographs. Good thing we did, as we hit the jackpot so to say and quite a few of the players we got didn't sign after practice. Once we got kicked out of our prime spot, we made our way to the field and took our spot. Showed our stuff to a couple people and they said the Carson autos we got were some of the best they had seen.

Once practice was over, almost 3/4 of the team grabbed a sharpie and came over and signed. Palmer probably signed for 20 minutes after the last guy stopped signing.

On my ball I ended up with 36 autos plus Coach Lewis. I also got the Sports Illustrated with the USC linebackers on the cover signed by Maualuga and a few cards signed by a couple of players. With the Texans and Packers coming to play the Bucs, hopefully I can complete the SI cover.

Now for some pics.

bengalstc09a.jpg
bengalstc09b.jpg
bengalstc09c.jpg
bengalstc09d.jpg
bengalstc09e.jpg
bengalstc09f.jpg
bengalstc09g.jpg

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
halldogg said:
Which 6 camps did you go to?
atlanta, cincy, titans, panthers, jags and bucs

hopefully my computer will work long enough to finish my story, lol

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
bengalsfootballnamesideasof8-7-09.jpg

bengalsfootballlogosideasof8-7-09.jpg

bengalsfootballwhitesideasof8-7-09.jpg

signed by :

Coach Lewis
9 Carson Palmer
10 Kevin Huber
12 Quan Cosby
17 Shayne Graham
31 Roy Williams
32 Cedric Benson
38 J.D. Runnels
40 Brian Leonard
41 Chinedum Ndukwe
42 Chris Crocker
43 Tom Nelson
44 Rico Murray 2x on accident
46 Dan Skuta
47 Corey Lynch
49 Darius Hill
51 Jim Maxwell
58 Rey Maualuga
59 Brandon Johnson
60 Andrew Crummey
62 Nate Livings
63 Bobbie Williams
64 Kyle Cook
69 Clinton McDonald
73 Anthony Collins
74 Dennis Roland
80 Chase Coffman
86 Daniel Coats
87 Andre Caldwell
89 Jerome Simpson
90 Pat Sims
92 Frostee Rucker
93 Michael Johnson
96 Chris Harrington
99 Tank Johnson

plus 2 others i still need to figure out

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
So, with the success of Monday morning, we decide to head to Nashville to catch the afternoon practice of the Titans.

Nice facility, but if you are looking for autographs, stay away from this camp.

We were asking around to see how it is for autographs and we were told that there would be 5 players signing after practice, and that was it. One star and 4 unknowns pretty much. Now I know the idea of training camp is not for autographs but for the players to practice and make the team, but i feel fan friendliness is a big part. If they don't want the players to sign, keep practice closed to the public.

We were able to however, get Coach Munchak to come over and sign, and I was able to add him to my Hall Of Fame full size.

hoffullsizee8-09.jpg

The next morning was the same, 5 guys and nothing else. Now, if it weren't for our sneakiness, we would have gone to the hotel and been complacent with our 11 signatures..... BUT, I am McStalker as some of you say, lol.

We find the team hotel and get about 10-15 graphs before we got kicked out. Then in the morning we head over to the practice facility and get a few more autos before they tell us we can't ask for autos at the parking lot. Once practice is over, we head back to the hotel for one last shot at Kearse and CJ. We thought we saw Kearse drive past us so we were in a hurry to beat him there and as we are stuck in traffic, Johnson pulls up next to us to go to hit a drive thru. We ended up with the wrong Escalade and eventually got Kearse but never got CJ. I got him on my ball and a Gators mini with a nice little inscription.

jevonkearsegatorsmini.jpg

So even with the extra work, it wasn't too bad, but I do not recommend attending this camp if you want autographs unless you live there and can go everyday.

titansfootballnamesideasof8-7-09.jpg

titansfootballlogosideasof8-7-09.jpg

titansfootballwhitesideasof8-7-09.jpg

signed by :

4 A.J. Trapasso
5 Kerry Collins
11 Paul Williams
13 Dudley Guice
16 Phillip Morris
25 LenDale White
29 Ryan Mouton
30 Jason McCourty
36 Rafael Little
38 DeMarcus Faggins
41 Cary Williams
47 Matthew Mulligan
48 Casey Cramer
51 Gerald McRath
52 Ryan Fowler
60 Cory Lekkerkerker
61 Fernando Velasco
64 Leroy Harris
66 Mike Otto
67 Doug Datish
69 Jason Murphy
71 Michael Roos
78 Jacob Ford
83 Alge Crumpler
87 Lavelle Hawkins
89 Jared Cook
90 Jevon Kearse
92 Larry Birdine
96 Kevin Vickerson
Coach Mike Munchak

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
The Titans night practice was closed to the public so we headed out to our next destination, the only place I wanted to go anyways, Spartanburg, SC for the Carolina Panthers!

I think this may have been the best overall in terms of fan friendliness. We get there super early to claim our spot and I am glad we did. As the team comes out, almost every single player signs. Peppers of course didn't and a couple stragglers that were late didn't stop. Steve Smith comes out and starts signing and I thought I was gonna faint. This guy almost never signs but apparently he did an interview and mentioned as he became older, he felt he should step up and lead by example. I end up with 23 signatures on my ball and 2 more on my 07 team helmet before practice. After practice, most of the team signed on the way up but they started something stupid with a golf cart and we missed quite a few guys, including Everette Brown and Brad Hoover which both said I could have their gloves after practice. Dan Connor is signing and I ask for his gloves(denied once again) but I ask if I can have them after the game in Tampa, which he says yes. So hopefully he remembers me and i get some game used gloves in 2 months. Steve Smith is signing again and I manage to get my helmet signed and I ask if I could shake his hand. Afterwards, he wipes his hand off on his towel like I had some disease. HE WAS WEARING A GLOVE!!!! so it wasn't like I touched his skin. Say what you want, but to me, this confirms my suspicion that he is racist. I wasn't the only one who noticed this either. Anywho, the second practice was moved to another field where autographs are impossible to get so we headed to Jacksonville to catch their night practice.

Heres some pics from Panthers camp,

Mike Rucker, Chris Gamble and Steve Smith on the helmet

07panthersfullsizeupdate8-09b.jpg

07panthersfullsizeupdate8-09a.jpg

and the ball signed by :

3 Matt Moore
10 Ryne Robinson
12 Josh McCown
14 Hunter Cantwell
17 Jake Delhomme
19 Marcus Monk
20 Chris Gamble
22 Jamall Lee
23 Sherrod Martin
24 Decori Birmingham
33 Mike Goodson
40 Nick Sundberg
41 Captain Munnerlyn
42 Tony Fiammetta
48 Anthony Heygood
57 Dan Connor
59 Landon Johnson
60 Marlon Favorite
63 Justin Geisinger
72 Duke Robinson
73 Mackenzy Bernadeau
74 Geoff Schwartz
77 Jonathan Palmer
79 Jeff Otah
81 Kenneth Moore
82 Gary Barnidge
87 Muhsin Muhammad
91 Everette Brown
94 Lorenzo Williams
Coach John Fox

panthersfootballnamesideasof8-7-09.jpg

panthersfootballlogosideasof8-7-09.jpg

panthersfootballwhitesideasof8-7-09.jpg

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
Now we are on our way to the last city of our road trip(Tampa doesn't count since i live there) which is Jacksonville. The ride over was a little shaky due to horrible weather and we thought we might not be able to see practice but the rain ended up stopping just before practice. The Jaguars practice on a field literally next to their stadium and it was one of the nicer ones. Once practice was over they made their way back to the locker room and most signed on the way back. Still trying to get some gloves, night practices were a better chance since they couldn't say they needed them for later. Well, no dice, but I did manage to get a practice worn wristband from Tim Shaw(a former Panther!) which is pretty neat and I still need to upload the pic as well as the Bucs pics, but I will wait on those until next week once camp is over.

The way this stadium is set up, the players have to walk to their cars with no barricades so we waited for them there. We missed a couple players which ruined our streak of starting Qbs. We did make out rather well with this set up.

Got a few cards signed and as well as a logo ball

signed by :

10 Josh Scobee
11 Mike Walker
19 Tiquan Underwood
21 Derek Cox
24 Montell Owens
25 Reggie Nelson
29 Brian Williams
31 Scott Starks
33 Greg Jones
34 Chauncey Washington
36 Mesphin Forrester
37 Sean Considine
38 Brian Witherspoon
43 Michael Desormeaux
44 Brock Bolen
47 Tyler Lorenzen
49 Zach Miller
51 Clint Ingram
53 Thomas Williams
54 Quentin Groves
56 Justin Durant
57 Tim Shaw
58 Lamar Myles
62 Dennis Norman
63 Brad Meester
67 Vince Manuwai
73 Eben Britton
76 Uche Nwaneri
80 Mike Thomas
83 Greg Estandia
84 Troy Williamson
86 Richard Angulo
87 Jarett Dillard
88 Joe Zelenka
89 Marcedes Lewis
91 Derrick Harvey
94 Jeremy Mincey
95 Jonathan Lewis
96 Terrance Knighton
99 Atiyyah Ellison

jaguarsfootballnamesideasof8-7-09.jpg

jaguarsfootballlogosideasof8-7-09.jpg

jaguarsfootballwhitesideasof8-7-09.jpg

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
So after that, we headed home after a long 6 days on the road. Took a day off to rest and then hit up the Bucs Friday morning. Man did I forget how humid Florida was. In 2 hours I sweat as much as I did the whole week, so if you go to the Bucs, bring some water if they let you bring it in, or at least bring some cash.

They practice at One Buc Place which is essentially behind/next to RJS and has a nice set up. The bleachers are under cover which is a nice break from the sun and they have 2 fields in which they rotate so they can let everyone have a chance to see them practice, unlike the unfan friendly Titans......

Anywho, before practice about 8-10 guys came over and signed and after practice 6-7 more came over. I wasn't in too much of a hurry to get some of them as most sign after every game and I live less than 10 minutes from the Stadium so i will be going back to a few more.

So far I have

14 Patrick Carter
16 Cortez Hankton
22 Clifton Smith
23 Jermaine Phillips
43 Jameel Cook
46 Ryan Purvis
70 Donald Penn
77 James Lee
84 Jason Pociask
85 Maurice Stovall
89 Antonio Bryant