Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 8/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
So far:

Jason Heyward: 1-1, 3B

Matt Way: 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K

Chris Carter HR (21)

Jeremy Hellickson: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
So far:

Chris Carter HR (21)

Beast. I have a feeling he's going to be a hot card going into spring training next year.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Jaypers said:
So far:

Chris Carter HR (21)

Beast. I have a feeling he's going to be a hot card going into spring training next year.

I have a refractor of Carter.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
justinmandawg said:
What's the deal w/ Duffy? No one seems to know anything.

"The promotion of Parraz and the debut of Gutierrez weren’t the only significant events on July 28th. LHP-Danny Duffy left his start that day with tightness in his back after throwing only 3.1 innings. He hasn’t missed his turn in the rotation yet so I don’t know if this is something to be legitimately concerned about or not. Hopefully Duffy is healthy and back on the mound quickly."

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Jaypers said:
justinmandawg said:

"The promotion of Parraz and the debut of Gutierrez weren’t the only significant events on July 28th. LHP-Danny Duffy left his start that day with tightness in his back after throwing only 3.1 innings. He hasn’t missed his turn in the rotation yet so I don’t know if this is something to be legitimately concerned about or not. Hopefully Duffy is healthy and back on the mound quickly."

He hasn't pitched since then. I'm getting nervous. He was going to move up to AA.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Angel Morales: 4-5, 1R, 1RBI, double -- .464 last 10 games with 3HR and 10RBI.

Wilson Ramos: 2-4, 2R, double, HR, 2RBI -- In four rehab games: .353 3HR 6RBI.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Michael Taylor: 2-3 so far, looks as though he's continuing to adapt to AAA.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
Michael Taylor: 2-3 so far, looks as though he's continuing to adapt to AAA.

Everytime I refresh his games as of late I do so with my finger's crossed! :lol: So far triple-A is reminding me of his stint in the Fall League (but at least the Iron Pigs aren't shuffling him around the dang batting order as was done in the Fall League). Taylor is used to hitting in the #3 spot as he's done so for the vast majority of his minor league at-bat's, but he is beginning to show consistency at the #5 in Triple-A (though he started out with some power in AAA, he's lacked a steady bat- but I am glad he stayed true to his low-K rate...he's always making contact & that's one of the main reason's I've liked Taylor so much)!
PLEASE keep it up! :D

nyyankeesfan.13722

Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
Jaypers said:
justinmandawg said:

He hasn't pitched since then. I'm getting nervous. He was going to move up to AA.
I was at the potomac game on Saturday and he wouldn't sign. Apparently he did try to throw, he was warming up with Mike Montgomery, and later he was in the dugout with his back and elbow wrapped.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Buster Posey HR (4)
Matt Tuiasosopo HR (5)
Desmond Jennings: 2-5

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
sheetskout said:
mwashuc06 said:
I have a refractor of Carter.

Get OUT!
I must admit that I got an audible chuckle out of this. :lol:

Carter is on fire for sure.

Following in Brandon Allen's footsteps of high-K, power guys that did not fizzle as they climbed the ladder.

Most end up like Ryan Harvey.

RE: the minors tonight, with Altoona off, who cares?