Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: First 08 BDP Base Auto to $100?

Which 08BDP Base Auto will be the FIRST to reach $100?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Josh Reddicks will never fetch $100 per.

Gordon Beckham, who is probably AL Rookie of the Year, has the best shot, followed by Montero and Posey.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Unless someone goes Pujols or Longoria with the insane MVP production levels and stays there, I can't see any reaching $100.

If I were to choose one though, based on pure projection and talent, I say Stanton.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
No way Reddick even sniffs $100.

I think Beckham, Montero, Stanton, and Posey have a shot if they perform in the majors. I voted Montero because he'll have to do the least to see prices rise because of the Yankee factor. I'd be somewhat surprised if any reach $100 though.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I don't think any of them ever hit $100. I picked Montero just because he is in NY. I don't see Beckham getting a whole lot higher than they are now. Stanton has a chance if he stays in the minors for a little while and keeps improving, but I think it's slim for everyone.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Brandon Moss autos hit 70 to 80 when he hit a big home run, Reddick is ranked ahead of Lars now as Sox top prospect with Chrome. He has a good shot. This market in Boston is as good as any, Jacoby was over 150 at a time.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
beefycheddar said:
Brandon Moss autos hit 70 to 80 when he hit a big home run, Reddick is ranked ahead of Lars now as Sox top prospect with Chrome. He has a good shot. This market in Boston is as good as any, Jacoby was over 150 at a time.

I was going to make the Ellsbury comparison myself. I vote Reddick.

And why not take a flier on few $20 Red Sox top prospect Chromes? He's already hit at a major league level and JD Drew might break for good at any second.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
andyduke86 said:
No way Reddick even sniffs $100.

I think Beckham, Montero, Stanton, and Posey have a shot if they perform in the majors. I voted Montero because he'll have to do the least to see prices rise because of the Yankee factor. I'd be somewhat surprised if any reach $100 though.

I think that Beckham is going to get to $100 because he will probably win ROY.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Had Montero not gotten injured i would say his. I would have projected it be about $70 by the end of the season but easily hitting $100 next season.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
beefycheddar said:

Bingo, the Jacoby effect. Had Reddick hit that homerun against the Yankees the other night to win it in extras (just missed), his stuff would have immediately exploded. That's all it takes.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
rookies_plus said:
What if Stanton turns into Ryan Howard or even Adam Dunn like in his 1st years in the majors, I think with his power ability, his card could sky rocket.

I agree with this completely, although he is still a year or two away from the majors. A few of the other big name guys are closer or already there, so I think those are more likely to reach the $100 mark first.

My guess is either Posey or Montero.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Interesting voting so far. We have 3 clear cut favorites. I'm a bit surprised with the lack of love for Posey. I would have thought he would be top 3 for sure.

Keep 'em coming!

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
beefycheddar said:

A Brandon Moss Bowman Chrome autograph doesn't exist. If you're referring to his Bowman Sterling autographs, they never even came close to sniffing $70-80 each. Maybe $20, but certainly not $70-80. As for his 2005 Topps Chrome auto, those may have been $50, but not $70-80.

Ellsbury was $150 because, well, unopened 2005 product skyrocketed. I just can't see that happening to 2008 BDP product.

Plus Reddick has a number of other autographed prospect cards from Elite, Donruss Threads, etc, while Ellsbury just had a BDP and Bowman Sterling.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Ellsbury also had a flukishly good World Series in 07, that's why his prices went so high. If Reddick does that then I could see him topping $100 but I wouldn't count on that.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
andyduke86 said:
Ellsbury also had a flukishly good World Series in 07, that's why his prices went so high. If Reddick does that then I could see him topping $100 but I wouldn't count on that.

Yeah I wouldn't count on that either because the Tigers are going to the World Series from the AL :mrgreen:

Members online