Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do people actually like the uniforms of today's teams?

Do the newer uniforms for teams suck or rock?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I asked this on the old boards and never even got a response and people on the baseball boards have been upset about the lack of enthusiasm on the basketball boards so I figured since I like basketball I would throw a question me and a lot of my friends have been asking ourselves:Do the basketball uniforms look cooler today than they did say 10 years ago?

I actually think they blow big time.Take the rockets for example...their uniforms look like something you would buy at k-mart for 50% off.Just something you would pick up for the hell of it so you can show your team pride when your out and about.Nothing that would show your a serious fan.

I liked the older rockets uniform with the spaceship on it.I also think the magics new uniforms suck along with a number of other teams.Not all teams change the look very much but there are some dog ugly uniforms out there nowdays.It almost seems like the uniforms they are wearing now look like they would have been worn ten years ago and the uniforms worn 10 years ago look like they should have been worn now.Its nuts.I am all for a new look but seriously...these suck.I had a bad taste in my mouth buying the Rafer Alston jersey I got back when basketball season started.

Does anyone else feel this way about the uniforms or is it just me?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I like the Celtics jersey:

larry_bird.jpg
PAUL_PIERCE1.jpg

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
I liked the red jerseys the Hawks used to wear before they changed to the blue ones they wear now. I even liked the yellow jerseys better than these blue ones.

Shaqattak

Dec 20, 2008
I love the old '92 Magic jerseys. I don't think they could ever top that design. Your right about the old Rockets uniforms and I even liked the mid 90's Raptors uniforms that most people didn't like. One that I hated were the teal Pistons jerseys and I really think they just gave up on the new Thunder ones. The Grizz are better than the old ones at least. Some I don't think will ever change are the Lakers (which are classic and they shouldn't change) and the Spurs (which are as boring as the team itself!)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Shaqattak said:
I love the old '92 Magic jerseys. I don't think they could ever top that design. Your right about the old Rockets uniforms and I even liked the mid 90's Raptors uniforms that most people didn't like. One that I hated were the teal Pistons jerseys and I really think they just gave up on the new Thunder ones. The Grizz are better than the old ones at least. Some I don't think will ever change are the Lakers (which are classic and they shouldn't change) and the Spurs (which are as boring as the team itself!)

I agree about the magic uniforms.I had a bunch of buddies back in middle school who used to have some of them and they looked awesome.I am not sure if they were the '92 version but I think it was around 94 or so.I know everyone wanted the penny hardaway jersey along with his sneaks.

Those authentic rockets uniforms they used to have were off the chain.They looked so badass.I had a Cassel version and I literally wore the thing out.

I think the new sixers uniforms suck as well.I used to have a Stackhouse Jersey.I also agree about the raptors.Now they suck.

I guess I just hate the plain look of everything these days.I think back in the day the jerseys had some imagination involved in their makeup and now they are just all plain boring.

I also agree about the lakers and other teams like the Celtics.There is really nothing wrong with the jerseys and there is no reason to change them.But I could have said that about half the teams now.The yellowish looking crap the Cavs have been wearing sucks too.I also hate the thunder jerseys.They look about as imaginative as a pile of dog crap.

All I can say is I hope that they find a decent look and stay with it.Because frankly...I won't be buying anything unless its a throwback.I absolutely loathe the uniforms and I am not sure at all why they keep changing for the worse.If this happened with football or with baseball as much as it happens with the basketball....there would be a big outcry.They should seriously stop.

nbacardDOTnet

Dec 20, 2008
http://www.nbacard.net
Absolutely Old uniform would be better like this.

Atlanta Hawks
dominiquewilkinsisiahrider.jpg

dikembemutomboalonzomourning.jpg

Golden State Warriors
--02.jpg

Houston Rockets
--05-1-1.jpg

Miami Heat
zo_tim_hardaway_miami_heat1copy.jpg

Minesotta Timberwolves
superteamwolves.jpg

New Jersey Nets
--01.jpg

Orlando Magic
anferneefamousnickname.jpg

Seattle Super Sonics (Now this team is Oklahoma though...)
shawnkemp.jpg

Toronto Raptors
sportscard_321.jpg

Vancouver Grizzlies (Now this team is Memphis though)
rahimud3rc.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
mlbsalltimegreats said:
They dont bother me and I do not pay attention unless they are absolutly bad or if Im purchasing one.

Yeah but I would hope you would agree that a good portion of them are horrid.I mean...I guess it just depends on the person but it really feels like they backtracked the last few years on the way the uniforms look.

I think the best looking stuff was that of the mid-late 90's.After that they started to slip.

Shaqattak

Dec 20, 2008
predatorkj said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
They dont bother me and I do not pay attention unless they are absolutly bad or if Im purchasing one.

Yeah but I would hope you would agree that a good portion of them are horrid.I mean...I guess it just depends on the person but it really feels like they backtracked the last few years on the way the uniforms look.

I think the best looking stuff was that of the mid-late 90's.After that they started to slip.

x1

Latest posts