Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Ted Williams card in a very bad sized PSA holder :<(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
This is a vinatge card I need for my player collection of Ted, but PSA just drops the ball with this slab....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1950-TED-WILLIAMS-R ... 286.c0.m14

The card is a very mini-card (torn from a sheet of 12-13 similar sized cards) but all examples of this that I have seen slide all over the place in the PSA holder......just thought I would share this so folks could see a 1951 R423 Small Strip card.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
EricChavezCollector3 said:
It almost looks like a sad joke. Even though I'm not sure that enough of those are submitted to warrant a case that size.

Well actually, PSA's parent company Collector's Universe has a stamp grading service PSE. I see no reason why they can't at least use their cases for these types of cards. And you would be surprised how many stamp like cards there are out there.

invertedJenny2.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Jeff D said:
EricChavezCollector3 said:
It almost looks like a sad joke. Even though I'm not sure that enough of those are submitted to warrant a case that size.

Well actually, PSA's parent company Collector's Universe has a stamp grading service PSE. I see no reason why they can't at least use their cases for these types of cards. And you would be surprised how many stamp like cards there are out there.

invertedJenny2.jpg

YES!! That would look so much better and I might be inclined to pursue a card in that size case......thanks for the due diligence ;)

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I can't believe a company that specializes in preserving cards in their current condition would do such a thing knowing the card could be damaged further by sliding around in there. ::facepalm:: Definitely needs to be put in the stamp sized holder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts