Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many times have you....

How many times have you not paid after winning an auction?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I don't get it. When I bid on an auction I plan on winning it and look forward to putting it in my collection. If there aren't any problems (lack of communication, newly discovered information about the card or seller after the auction is over, etc.) why do buyers just abandon their winning bid? So I ask you, have you ever just decided, "To hell with the card. I changed my mind!"

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I don't expect too many on this board to have done it. I get the most NPBs from the casual buyer.
What I don't get is why people don't pay after hitting BINs. I forgot to set "automatic payment" this week, and sure enough, someone hits a BIN right away Sunday night, and I'm still waiting for payment.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Once - accidentally bought 2 of the same card going though "Buy it Nows" quickly. Was buying a bunch of singles from one dealer and accidentally bought from wrong dealer. While I wasn't going to pay for the auction, I did write and offer to pay for the ebay listing and final value fees. Dealer was very cool guy though, and since I was honest and offered to pay fees, he just let it go.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
ballerskrip said:
In the last 3 weeks, I have had 4 NPB's including a $250 and $200 auction...

OUCH

skrip

I have 2 NPB's in the last week and a half: $260+ and $150 = the reason for the poll.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Never done it, and NOTHING pisses me off more. Especially because by the time I find out they aren't paying, I have to wait another week to re-sell it because I always have auctions end Sunday.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I have only once not payed for an auction,about 3-4 years ago. I won two seperate auctions, from the same seller, for 2 cards that totaled $35. The seller tried to charge me $23 for shipping. I refused to pay. He gave me a strike (NPB) and then ebay removed it after i complained. Im sure glad ebay changed their rules on people charging excessive shipping fees.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Did you really expect people to come in and post, publicly, that they have backed out of 'deals'? I mean the backlash from the FCB community would be well...bad.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I just won an auction that I am not going to pay. Seller had a misleading title and critical info hidden in the description. I msg'd the seller to cancel my bid twice. No responce and of course I won. If I get a strike the seller gets a neg.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I'm the type who watches the auction end and pays right away. I've yet to come out on the losing end due to misrepresentation in the listing so i consider myself lucky, so far.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Sweetness said:
I just won an auction that I am not going to pay. Seller had a misleading title and critical info hidden in the description. I msg'd the seller to cancel my bid twice. No responce and of course I won. If I get a strike the seller gets a neg.

Your feedback is void if you get a strike. I did not pay for an item once. The seller had a 99 Topps Traded Josh Hamilton autograph with a low but not ridiculously low price. I hit the BIN only to quickly discover it was not the certified factory set auto. I explained this to the seller and he said pay the seller fees and forget about it. As a seller I rarely get deadbeats. Amusingly I did get a guy to pay a year after his check bounced. He even paid the bank fee and I agreed to remove the strike.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Do you mean

1) because something happened after the auction with the seller that made you suspicious

or

2) because you just felt like not paying

?

Members online