Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If You Could Own Just One Of These Modern RCs For Your PC...

Which One of These Modern RCs Would You Want to Pass On to Your Kids?

• 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
....which would it be, and why?

Curious to get your input.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
I chose the Tiger RC Auto. I personally believe that when all is said and done, Tiger will mean more to his sport than Jordan or Pujols will to theirs. He is going to be considered the greatest of all time at his sport. Jordan is considered the same, but I think his stuff diminished a bit when he came out of retirment to play again. Pujols might win 5+ MVP's, hit 800 hr's, get 2300+ rbi's, and win a triple crown, but he will never be considered the best of all time because of some guy they call BABE.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Easy call for me....the only one my daughters know is Tiger. The only time my girls will sit down and watch ANY sport with me is when Tiger is playing golf.

Of course, that will probably all change when my son grows up.

David

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I went with the Jordan RC. That is the one and only basketball card that resides on my Wantlist. I have always wanted to own one of those. In my opinion, hands down, Jordan was the greatest basketball player ever. The other guys are exceptional and great as well. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. I have just always been a huge fan of Jordan and like I said, his Fleer RC is the only basketball card on my wantlist.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Gees JP--just flip a coin.....barring injury/PEDs/etc. to Pujols, Lebron, and Crosby, any of the above would work.

However, if you put a gun to my head and forced me I guess the Tiger...here is why...

1) No longer producing Golf
2) Surprisingly Golf has a HUGE Following
3) The BEST golfer to ever play the game--doubt anyone will ever be better either
4) Currently probably the most recognizable Athlete world wide (Beckham and Lebron are probably close)

Jordan Rookies are probably THE card to own from the 80's but they are so plentiful even in high grade that the value is not really going to go up or down.

Pujols (see above) if he continues like he is, his Chrome Value will rise, but there are soooooo many cheaper 2001 Pujols RC AUTO cards out there

Crosby--Same as Pujols

Lebron--Same as Pujols

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting how the most plentiful card in the bunch doesn't have any votes yet.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
My PC is almost entirely baseball, but I still went with MJ. I think it has to do with the fact that even though he was on the hated Bulls (I grew up a Pistons fan in the '80's), he is the icon of my generation. If I was younger, I'd probably have voted for Tiger.

Alex

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Easily Tiger for me. He's a guy that I cheer for, and honestly, a Pujols chrome is meaningless to me. Sometimes I actually think I'm a Braves fan, not a baseball fan.

A distant second would be LeBron, because when I rarely watch a basketball game, either him or Kobe will be playing in it. Can only watch if a true superstar is playing, so I know I get my times worth.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Jaypers said:
Interesting how the most plentiful card in the bunch doesn't have any votes yet.

Because it is the most plentiful...and really at this point, except for a small spike around HOF induction week, his Rookies will remain at the levels they are.

Those BGS 10 Griffeys may shoot up in price over time, but the rest should stay pretty constant.....and although I think every serious card collector should have on in their PC, I dont think any of Griffey's Rookies will be viewed as THE cards to own.

TK

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Jaypers said:

That's one of the reasons I didn't pick it.
I figure that the Griffey, Jordan, and Brady will always be available, and my mythical children could probably get their hands on one pretty easily. The Pujols, while iconic, could be substituted with another very nice RC. Same with Crosby.

I went with Tiger, in a squeaker over LeBron.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes. My kid wouldn't care about the value or even rarity of the card I passed down...because s/he would never sell it (duh). Jordan is better than LeBron and is the best athlete there, period.

muskiesfan said:
I went with the Jordan RC. That is the one and only basketball card that resides on my Wantlist. I have always wanted to own one of those. In my opinion, hands down, Jordan was the greatest basketball player ever. The other guys are exceptional and great as well. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. I have just always been a huge fan of Jordan and like I said, his Fleer RC is the only basketball card on my wantlist.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
big surprise I would pick Sidney Crosby :D

I would want to have the best rookie card of the best player in the NHL right now and the second best player to ever play for my Penguins. second only to of course Mario Lemieux (I would have to add his 1985-86 Topps rookie).

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Exactly. I'm glad someone was able to make sense of my mess. :lol: I would want to be able to pass along a card of someone who was great, but also held significance to me. I already have several of the Griffeys, so that's covered.

uniquebaseballcards said:
Yes. My kid wouldn't care about the value or even rarity of the card I passed down...because s/he would never sell it (duh). Jordan is better than LeBron and is the best athlete there, period.

muskiesfan said:

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Brady over Lebron just because I'm from New England. Both could go down as the best in their sport during the period in my life that I really followed sports and collected the most.

Members online