Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trevor Reckling to be called up this season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
It looks like he's going the way of Feliz, Holland and Chacin...

From the OC Register today:

The Angels picked Bell to make Wednesday's start because he is more polished, but many in the organization view Trevor Reckling as the organization's top pitching prospect.

Reckling, 20, a left-hander, is 7-4 with a 2.53 ERA at Double-A Arkansas. The Angels might bring Reckling up to pitch in relief starting next month. Scioscia said it might be a matter of how many innings he has thrown by then. He is at 114 now, 38 off his career high.

"Trevor Reckling has a ceiling that's off the charts," Scioscia said.

We shall see...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Messier2 said:
It looks like he's going the way of Feliz, Holland and Chacin...

From the OC Register today:

The Angels picked Bell to make Wednesday's start because he is more polished, but many in the organization view Trevor Reckling as the organization's top pitching prospect.

Reckling, 20, a left-hander, is 7-4 with a 2.53 ERA at Double-A Arkansas. The Angels might bring Reckling up to pitch in relief starting next month. Scioscia said it might be a matter of how many innings he has thrown by then. He is at 114 now, 38 off his career high.

"Trevor Reckling has a ceiling that's off the charts," Scioscia said.

We shall see...

I bet they said the same about Betances in NY last year :lol: :lol:

Bell pitched very well yesterday if he Carlos wasn't in the lineup :?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
frankly, i'd like to see the halos slow down a bit with t reck. while his baa and era have been stellar, his k:bb ratio has been pretty bad over the last month or two. i think it's best to let him develop at the minor league level and not put any undue pressure on him. bringing him up too soon could be bad for his confidence and his development, ala nick adenhart in 07

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts