Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm sure I will get flamed for this but.............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Looking at he rosters of Nolan Ryan's last teams they all seemed pretty heavily Steroidal.

Could he have been a user?

Could this help explain his longevity?

Now I have to say he has always been one of my favorite players and I would upset it he did use PEDs.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Beyond Ryan's word (if he's ever asked) and speculation because he played on "steroidal" teams, there's no way to know for sure.

Players used and players still use.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Canseco did mention someone in the HOF now is a former Roid User. Since his first book stated Rickey Henderson did it the natural way, his other former teammates that is in HOF does include Ryan

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
championMan said:
Canseco did mention someone in the HOF now is a former Roid User. Since his first book stated Rickey Henderson did it the natural way, his other former teammates that is in HOF does include Ryan

Who else has he played with that is in the Hall? Maybe we can figure it out bu deduction.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
sportscardtheory said:
championMan said:

Who else has he played with that is in the Hall? Maybe we can figure it out bu deduction.

Hall of Fame hitters who played since 1985 (Canseco's rookie season): http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... areit/rRXg

Hall of Fame pitchers who played since 1985: http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... areit/RUuj

Did Canseco say they were on the same team, or just in the league at the same time?

David

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
No evidence is enough evidence to start a speculation thread. Nobody here knows, why ask us? It just feeds the beast.

This is baseball's problem. In lieu of any definitive evidence, there will inevitably be speculation. The beast is out there. Don't shoot the messenger.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Billy Packer said:
[quote="Brett Keith":mdbkct16]No evidence is enough evidence to start a speculation thread. Nobody here knows, why ask us? It just feeds the beast.

This is baseball's problem. In lieu of any definitive evidence, there will inevitably be speculation. The beast is out there. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote:mdbkct16]

Yes, the beast is out there, stop feeding it.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Brett Keith said:
[quote="Billy Packer":19d4b4b6][quote="Brett Keith":19d4b4b6]No evidence is enough evidence to start a speculation thread. Nobody here knows, why ask us? It just feeds the beast.

This is baseball's problem. In lieu of any definitive evidence, there will inevitably be speculation. The beast is out there. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote:19d4b4b6]

Yes, the beast is out there, stop feeding it.[/quote:19d4b4b6]

+1

I don't understand the need to speculate without one GRAIN of a thought from someone CLOSE to the player in some way.

Just because there were juicers on the team is not enough.

Look at the 03 and 07 Red Sox. Should we assume more of those guys were on the juice because of Papi and Manny?

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2up3rapj][quote="Billy Packer":2up3rapj][quote="Brett Keith":2up3rapj]No evidence is enough evidence to start a speculation thread. Nobody here knows, why ask us? It just feeds the beast.

This is baseball's problem. In lieu of any definitive evidence, there will inevitably be speculation. The beast is out there. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote:2up3rapj]

Yes, the beast is out there, stop feeding it.[/quote:2up3rapj]

+1

I don't understand the need to speculate without one GRAIN of a thought from someone CLOSE to the player in some way.

Just because there were juicers on the team is not enough.

Look at the 03 and 07 Red Sox. Should we assume more of those guys were on the juice because of Papi and Manny?[/quote:2up3rapj]

seems to me that is exactly what the media has been doing this whole time. so i guess the answer is obvious the 03 and 07 red sox were ALL on PED :lol:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
[quote="Billy Packer":zkfx5g6h][quote="Brett Keith":zkfx5g6h]No evidence is enough evidence to start a speculation thread. Nobody here knows, why ask us? It just feeds the beast.

This is baseball's problem. In lieu of any definitive evidence, there will inevitably be speculation. The beast is out there. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote:zkfx5g6h]

Yes, the beast is out there, stop feeding it.[/quote:zkfx5g6h]

But dammit its hungry! :twisted:

Members online