Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Victorino files complaint with Chicago police.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
On my cell, did a quick look around, didn`t see anything pertaining to this. GOOD! That idiot fan should be banned from every MLB park for life. I have never seen that done on purpose before. I was watching on WGN when it happened and nearly **** myself. Then the idiot stands up, puts his arms in the air and smiles. What a fool.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
What I liked was the Phillies phan in the Victorino T throwing peanuts at the guy as he was being carted away.

Can't wait for the Cubs outfielders to come back to CBP. We don't throw beer in Philly (it's too useful). Ask JD Drew about what we throw in Philly.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Jeff N. said:
What I liked was the Phillies phan in the Victorino T throwing peanuts at the guy as he was being carted away.

Can't wait for the Cubs outfielders to come back to CBP. We don't throw beer in Philly (it's too useful). Ask JD Drew about what we throw in Philly.
Not saying that the moron wasn't completely wrong for doing this, but how is this any better?

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I saw it on SC this morning, but they were saying they tossed the wrong fan. Did they end up getting the right guy?

iphoner111

Aug 31, 2008
bungle77 said:
I saw it on SC this morning, but they were saying they tossed the wrong fan. Did they end up getting the right guy?
I saw the same thing they tossed the wrong fan.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
chashawk said:
Jeff N. said:

Not saying that the moron wasn't completely wrong for doing this, but how is this any better?

Didn't say it was.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
•In 1999, fans jeered Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin as he lay on the field for 20 minutes, suffering from a neck injury that ended his career.
•That same year, fans threw D batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew, who held out for a year after the Phillies drafted him and eventually signed with the Cards instead.
•Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener in 1999. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, dribbled over the plate. The fans booed.
•Eagles fans famously blasted Santa Claus with a shower of snowballs at halftime of a game as St. Nick circled helplessly around the field before stadium officials rescued him.
You stay classy Philadelphia :mrgreen:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
As one who literally used to be out there in the bleachers in Wrigley working to prevent these things from happening, since the fans are so close to the field its hard to prevent this type of stuff. Back when I worked for the team we instituted a plan to have security at the bottom row of bleachers down on the wall. It usually works well and prevents people from doing something stupid like this. We did have the occasional drunk that would think it was cool to give an outfielder a bath, but for the most part all of the fans thought it was just wrong to do this. Believe me, this is not a typical Chicago baseball fan. The bleachers have grown to be nothing more than a huge beer garden where people are there to be seen and not see the ball game. The security measures have been tightened up even more over the years so this is unusual for the most part.

I talked with a few guys I know that still work there and they have see great security video on the guy and are working with the CPD to make sure he is caught. Chicago media is making a huge deal out of this and putting the guys face all over the newspapers and TV. He will be caught and prosecuted. I honestly dont remember but this might be a felony because of the statutes now in place in Chicago. I could be wrong

I just hope Philly fans dont think this guy is indicative of Chicago fans. This guy was just a drunk a-hole who hopefully will get whats coming to him.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
chashawk said:
•In 1999, fans jeered Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin as he lay on the field for 20 minutes, suffering from a neck injury that ended his career.
•That same year, fans threw D batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew, who held out for a year after the Phillies drafted him and eventually signed with the Cards instead.
•Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener in 1999. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, dribbled over the plate. The fans booed.
•Eagles fans famously blasted Santa Claus with a shower of snowballs at halftime of a game as St. Nick circled helplessly around the field before stadium officials rescued him.

99 was a hell of a year.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
chashawk said:

It's pretty well known that Philadelphia fans as a whole are terrible people.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
mchenrycards said:
As one who literally used to be out there in the bleachers in Wrigley working to prevent these things from happening, since the fans are so close to the field its hard to prevent this type of stuff. Back when I worked for the team we instituted a plan to have security at the bottom row of bleachers down on the wall. It usually works well and prevents people from doing something stupid like this. We did have the occasional drunk that would think it was cool to give an outfielder a bath, but for the most part all of the fans thought it was just wrong to do this. Believe me, this is not a typical Chicago baseball fan. The bleachers have grown to be nothing more than a huge beer garden where people are there to be seen and not see the ball game. The security measures have been tightened up even more over the years so this is unusual for the most part.

I talked with a few guys I know that still work there and they have see great security video on the guy and are working with the CPD to make sure he is caught. Chicago media is making a huge deal out of this and putting the guys face all over the newspapers and TV. He will be caught and prosecuted. I honestly dont remember but this might be a felony because of the statutes now in place in Chicago. I could be wrong

I just hope Philly fans dont think this guy is indicative of Chicago fans. This guy was just a drunk a-hole who hopefully will get whats coming to him.

I've been to Wrigley field twice -- once as a drunk bleacher creature (my law firm is based out there, we have an annual meeting every year, and this particular time a bunch of us went to a cubs game before the meeting) -- having a great time, and the second time with my wife and boys, the younger of which was 1 1/2 (last year)... it was very cold, and we couldn't have been treated any better. Stadium security came to us numerous times to make sure my li'l guy was ok (he wasn't crying or anything, just little) and eventually, because it was so cold, he and my wife went under the stadium to the first aid area and they warmed up for an inning or two.

People in Chicago couldn't have been nicer. Every stadium has their d-bags.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
yeah to be honest, philly fans arguing for the "justice" of this fan is a mute point as all the incidents Philly Fans have had.....

The person that threw the Beer on Victorino did in fact escape Police.....not sure if they originally grabbed the wrong fan or he got away from them, but they DID NOT catch the guy.

TK

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Jeff N. said:
Here's the only video. Watch at the 7 second mark, a tool in the white t-shirt with a white wristband quickly tosses it.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/media/video ... id=6072625

If you watch this video a few times, you actually see the really d-bag who threw the beer pointing the finger and yelling at the guy wrongfully getting tossed! He'll get his, and I can't wait until he does. Hope they make a nice example of him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts